What's your fandom?

Moderators: Ane M, joli3ma3, lisa, tx2001aggie, Jeanetta

vey_chyryn

What's your fandom?

Postby vey_chyryn » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:32 pm

Curious what my fellow PnFers ("pinf"ers, as I say it, lol) are fans of. I'd love to share information on what I am a fan of, find fans of the same things, and learn about things you are a fan of that I currently aren't. :D

Here are some of my biggest "fandoms" (listed in no particular order):
PnF (of course!)
Babylon 5
Dragon Ball Z
Richard and Kahlan Novels (Terry Goodkind)
My Little Pony
Qiet
Harry Potter
Peanuts
The Walking Dead
Kingdom Hearts
Gotham
Music (I'll listen to anything at least once)
UFC (and MMA in general)
Digimon
Criminal Minds
Final Fantasy
Monster High
Card Captor Sakura
Assassin's Creed
.hack//
Breath of Fire
Disney (Especially Fairies)
Lord of the Rings
Chronicles of Narnia
Gundam Wing
Emerald Rose
Attack on Titan
Spyro

I like a LOT of things. :lol: I can talk for hours on all of these (and indeed do at conventions!).

An C Puck

Re: What's your fandom?

Postby An C Puck » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:17 pm

Well, where do I start?

Shakespeare
Lord of the Rings
Star Wars
P'n'F
Star Trek, I grew up with The Next Generation
Canada
Crime TV series (Criminal Minds, Flashpoint, Sherlock, Blacklist, NCIS, Elementary, Bones, Rizzoli & Isles, The Bridge, Life on Mars, Numbers...)
Candy Crush Soda
Sci-Fi/Fantasy
Painting (I like it, but I'm no artist)
Dr. Who
Cats
Link to my little P'n'F corner of the universe

For there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. Hamlet, Act II, Scene 2 by W. Shakespeare

Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter. G'Kar, Babylon5

bush16rzsc

Postby bush16rzsc » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:13 am

The Walking Dead (same as you!)
Game of Thrones
Peanuts
Elephants
BUFFY!!!!
and....BUSH!!!! (the band)

vey_chyryn

Postby vey_chyryn » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:30 am

An Puck wrote:Well, where do I start?

Shakespeare
Lord of the Rings
Star Wars
P'n'F
Star Trek, I grew up with The Next Generation
Canada
Crime TV series (Criminal Minds, Flashpoint, Sherlock, Blacklist, NCIS, Elementary, Bones, Rizzoli & Isles, The Bridge, Life on Mars, Numbers...)
Candy Crush Soda
Sci-Fi/Fantasy
Painting (I like it, but I'm no artist)
Dr. Who
Cats

Definitely a few on here I didn't mention! :lol: Love Dr. Who, especially what Capaldi has been doing; not a big Tennant or Smith fan. Though I'm more of a classic Who girl at heart.

My favourite Shakespeare plays are A Midsummer Night's Dream and Hamlet.

Star Trek and Star Wars are both biggies, though I Know more about Star Trek. I barely scratch the surface of the Star Wars universe.

Sherlock is fantastic. I am really excited for the 4th season, even though it's still a bit away. (I'm a big Sherlock fan in general, but haven't read all the books yet. I tried watching Elementary but couldn't get into it.)

I love all art forms, though I feel I'm not good at most of them. XD

And Cats. Definitely cats. I have two, who are complete opposites of each other.

vey_chyryn

Postby vey_chyryn » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:34 am

bush16rzsc wrote:The Walking Dead (same as you!)
Game of Thrones
Peanuts
Elephants
BUFFY!!!!
and....BUSH!!!! (the band)

Whoo Walking Dead! (And tonight's episode? Wow.)

My roommate and a few friends really like Game of Thrones. I'm rather "eh" about it (TV and book), but don't mind to sit and watch it if that's what everyone I'm hanging out with wants to do.

Yaye Peanuts! :D

Don't hate me, buuuut......I've never really listened to Bush (BUSH?).

Phoenix1081

Postby Phoenix1081 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:25 pm

I'm a big fan mainly of:

Harry Potter
Buffy!!! (pairing - Spuffy)
Final Fantasy! Love the games! Own both films...
Supernatural (TV show)

vey_chyryn

Postby vey_chyryn » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:33 am

Phoenix1081 wrote:I'm a big fan mainly of:

Harry Potter
Buffy!!! (pairing - Spuffy)
Final Fantasy! Love the games! Own both films...
Supernatural (TV show)

Woot woot! Harry Potter. I'm rereading the series, about half way through Goblet of Fire currently.

Final Fantasy is just great. Have you see Unlimited?

I've seen the first 4 seasons of Supernatural, then it just started losing my interest.

An C Puck

Postby An C Puck » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:06 am

Love Dr. Who, especially what Capaldi has been doing; not a big Tennant or Smith fan. Though I'm more of a classic Who girl at heart.

Well, they say, you'll never forget your first doctor, so I'm a Eccleston fangirl. But I adore Tennant's performances on stage, he's doing a lot of Shakespeare.

I watched a lot of Supernatural, too. I kind of lost my track somewhere in thr middle of the 9th season.

I watched a few seasons "The Walking Dead", I like some of the characters and how they change, but I have trouble with the story itself. It is always the same: They look for a safe haven, they find it, everything looks hopeful, then it goes all wrong in a dramatic season finale and they start again.
I have the same problem with "Game of Thrones". I like the characters, but I have my doubts about the story and after seeing so much of it, the nudity and violence and the death are no longer shocking. I can't help the feeling that nobody knows where the story will end or how all the different plotlines will come together for the big finale. It feels like they are stalling until they have an idea.
Link to my little P'n'F corner of the universe

For there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. Hamlet, Act II, Scene 2 by W. Shakespeare

Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter. G'Kar, Babylon5

vey_chyryn

Postby vey_chyryn » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:11 am

An Puck wrote:
Love Dr. Who, especially what Capaldi has been doing; not a big Tennant or Smith fan. Though I'm more of a classic Who girl at heart.

Well, they say, you'll never forget your first doctor, so I'm a Eccleston fangirl. But I adore Tennant's performances on stage, he's doing a lot of Shakespeare.

I watched a lot of Supernatural, too. I kind of lost my track somewhere in thr middle of the 9th season.

I watched a few seasons "The Walking Dead", I like some of the characters and how they change, but I have trouble with the story itself. It is always the same: They look for a safe haven, they find it, everything looks hopeful, then it goes all wrong in a dramatic season finale and they start again.
I have the same problem with "Game of Thrones". I like the characters, but I have my doubts about the story and after seeing so much of it, the nudity and violence and the death are no longer shocking. I can't help the feeling that nobody knows where the story will end or how all the different plotlines will come together for the big finale. It feels like they are stalling until they have an idea.

My first doctor was McGann. So I had a few years to watch the Classics before the show restarted.

I understand what you mean about TWD plot always being the same, because it basically is, but that's due to the world they live in - bad people are bad just because they can be and will ruin things for others just because they can. But the characters I do love, and I like how they are real people, not wizards or kings or queens or anything.

Part of the reason Game of Thrones "feels like they are stalling until they have an idea", as you put it, is because that is true. The book series it is based off of - A Song of Fire and Ice by George R Martin - isn't finished yet. The point they've basically reached in the show is as far as he has written, so no one on the show knows what is happening next.

bush16rzsc

Postby bush16rzsc » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:41 pm

I think that if a zombie apocolypse DID happen, it would be very much like the show...find a safe haven, and stay there as long as possible while protecting it. But, i think eventually, no matter how 'safe' an area is, something would happen and you'd have to move on. I mean, look at the world now? We all fight each other. Countries go to war with other countries, and there is so much hatred among citizens of the same country. The world is so full of hate, that with a zombie apocolypse, nothing would change. Instead of war throughout countries, there will be war in different 'groups' like there is now on TWD- and in addition to fighting other living humans, you'd always have zombies.

And I love Game of Thrones...

But one thing i'm really looking forward to? Is The Dark Tower series, (books by Stephen King) becoming a movie...however they are going to do it...I've been waiting half my life for this!

Return to “The Lounge”