The Mad Hatters Tea Association

Moderators: Ane M, joli3ma3, lisa, tx2001aggie, Jeanetta

vey_chyryn

Re: The Mad Hatters Tea Association

Postby vey_chyryn » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:10 pm

The Loonie is Canada's currency.

I'm glad your husband's job is safe for the moment. That's never fun. I'm at a weird in-between point. My hours started picking up at one job and am getting ready to start a new one as well. I've moved and am mostly settled though the house still needs some work, and I'm supposed to be planning a trip to Connecticut for my brother's wedding in July, but he hasn't even sent out the invitations yet! (He's such a procrastinator.)

My weather has been crazy! It was in the 70s a week ago and now we have several inches of snow, and it's still coming down. Which I'm really happy about, I love snow, and we never seem to get much here.

champranger

Postby champranger » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:04 am

vey_chyryn wrote:The Loonie is Canada's currency.

I'm glad your husband's job is safe for the moment. That's never fun. I'm at a weird in-between point. My hours started picking up at one job and am getting ready to start a new one as well. I've moved and am mostly settled though the house still needs some work, and I'm supposed to be planning a trip to Connecticut for my brother's wedding in July, but he hasn't even sent out the invitations yet! (He's such a procrastinator.)

My weather has been crazy! It was in the 70s a week ago and now we have several inches of snow, and it's still coming down. Which I'm really happy about, I love snow, and we never seem to get much here.

You can have all the snow we have here. :lol:
ImageImage

champranger

Postby champranger » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:06 am

tx2001aggie wrote:?? I have no clue what a Loonie is ?!! you will have to enlighten me!

Been busy myself... a lot of uncertainty around my hubby's job lately, though we did hear some good news that (for now) it is safe! (Praise the Lord!) I've had some minor procedures done over the last few weeks, and dealing with some health issues... (getting old is hard!, lol). Trying to get my kiddo healthy again as we have an out of town trip to take on Tuesday for a funeral, and I really need him to not be sick! Not much else with me. I can't complain about the weather... although I'd like to... :oops: its warm where I live, and I like the cold, so I am missing out on all this arctic air that everyone else seems to be "enjoying". IT is winter after all... it should be cold right?! I feel kinda silly wearing my fuzzy boots when its 75F. :roll:

I agree with Leora. Thank goodness that your husband's job is safe :) , and that Loonie is the currency we use. I'm in Alberta, Canada. I just meant it got more expensive to buy US dollars (and hence GMs), especially since we have a recession here, given the low oil prices. :(
ImageImage

vey_chyryn

Postby vey_chyryn » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:38 am

I wish I could have your snow! The weather warmed up today and it has been raining all day. I don't think it stopped for more than 10 minutes. Now my steps are getting covered in ice as the temp is dropping a little. Eck.

tx2001aggie

Postby tx2001aggie » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:12 pm

How about you both share your snow with me...lol

Leora, you said you were starting a new job... will you be keeping the first as well? So working two jobs? What's the new one?

The Loonie cannot be the actual name.... right? Just a slang term? :?
And I totally understand the oil price slump... hubby works for a major oil company and they are hemorrhaging jobs. It's awful.
~Stephanie (tx2001aggie) & Freddie Feelgood~

http://www.pets-n-friends.com/community.php?id=8218246487027035386

champranger

Postby champranger » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:39 am

tx2001aggie wrote:How about you both share your snow with me...lol

Leora, you said you were starting a new job... will you be keeping the first as well? So working two jobs? What's the new one?

And I totally understand the oil price slump... hubby works for a major oil company and they are hemorrhaging jobs. It's awful.

Loonie is the name of a $1 Canadian coin. :P
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loonie
ImageImage

vey_chyryn

Postby vey_chyryn » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:03 am

tx2001aggie wrote:How about you both share your snow with me...lol

I will have 2 part time jobs plus all the convention work I do. The first is a retail merchandiser, the company I work for gets hired to go into stores to reset shelves, create displays, order items, etc, instead of the store employees doing it all.

The one I'm working on training for is one I had before, I'm basically advertising. I get a cart and give out samples of whatever product I'm told to. I have to try and entice those getting the free samples to buy the actual product. I go mainly to Kroger and Walmart, but sometimes other stores.

tx2001aggie

Postby tx2001aggie » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:52 pm

champranger wrote:Loonie is the name of a $1 Canadian coin. :P
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loonie

ahhhh, I see it has a loon on it... makes sense now ;)

tx2001aggie

Postby tx2001aggie » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:55 pm

vey_chyryn wrote:I will have 2 part time jobs plus all the convention work I do. The first is a retail merchandiser, the company I work for gets hired to go into stores to reset shelves, create displays, order items, etc, instead of the store employees doing it all.

The one I'm working on training for is one I had before, I'm basically advertising. I get a cart and give out samples of whatever product I'm told to. I have to try and entice those getting the free samples to buy the actual product. I go mainly to Kroger and Walmart, but sometimes other stores.

ok, I remember the re-shelving job... so this new advertising job... it is with the same company as the other... or two part time positions with two different companies? Will that be hard to schedule around? And what do you do at conventions? That sounds interesting.... 8-)

vey_chyryn

Postby vey_chyryn » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:36 am

It is two different companies. And it shouldn't be bad. The first job prefers work is done monday thru thursday, and I have flexibility with what days in there I do my work. The second job runs primarily friday thru sunday. And since they are both part time I won't be working 7 days a week every week.

I work for various fan conventions, most of them anime centred, 2nd most multigenre, which I prefer because it gives me more freedom. There are a few cons I run programming for, meaning I am the one who approves panelists and their content and schedules all of it through the con. I mainly host panels - discussions or presentations on a particular subject, sometimes games like trivia. I'm working on a panel about PnF for a con at the end of April. ^^

Return to “The Lounge”