CONTEST ***Getting to Know You*** CLOSED

Moderators: Ane M, joli3ma3, lisa, tx2001aggie, Jeanetta

PaulaS

Re: CONTEST ***Getting to Know You*** CONTEST

Postby PaulaS » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:16 pm

I'm a middle aged Texan living in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Single, no children except for my adorable fur baby, Molly. She's a mini schnauzer who has more Facebook friends than I have! (Some peopIe visit my page just to leave her notes!) I love flowers, especially roses. A favorite hobby is reading. Some of my favorite authors are C.S. Lewis, Larry McMurtry, JRR Tolkien, Jack London, Harper Lee, Truman Capote, Joe Coomer, Nora Roberts, JD Robb (who is really Nora Roberts), Janet Evanovich...ok, I'll stop now. My favorite book is To Kill a Mockingbird. I enjoy movies, especially comedies and musicals, and my favorite movies are Singing in the Rain and, of course, To Kill a Mockingbird.

Come visit us at https://apps.facebook.com/petsnfriends/community.php?id=8245268084792306938

nukhet

Postby nukhet » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:56 pm

hi, i am 43 years old and have been teaching for the last 23 years,looking forward to getting retired to try things i couldn't have a chance to do like baking those fancy cakes,have taken a day workshop though :) and i love reading too :)

love all kinds of arts and crafts,everyone is extremely annoyed as i have become a hoarder in the name of recycling and they all have a photo frame made from pebbles,branches and stones i collected from the beach..i live by the sea and love it,coffee in the morning in the balcony watching the sea or in the evening watching the moon has become my fav activity in this new house..swimming and riding a bike are other fav things..

heavy smoker reduced it though,the last 2 years have been rough but getting back on track,i have 2 sisters and a brother and a 4,5 year old niece,second niece expected in a month

it will be amazing to know about you :)

https://apps.facebook.com/petsnfriends/ ... 2557578490

javabunny

Postby javabunny » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:02 am

Im Jen. In real life I have a bunny named Bambi who is rather spoiled. I wish I could have a real penguin. I spent a month in Antarctica a couple years ago playing with my beloved guins. I love cold weather and must have been a penguin in a past life. All my friends call me Penguie. I survive on coffee. I work in MRI and do crazy wacky shifts. If only I could find a way to use the magnetic south pole as a magnet for an MRI scanner I would be all set :lol: So in the meantime I am working on retirement plan Lotto 649 and Lotto Max Millions while still working and saving LOL

Chamaeleon

Postby Chamaeleon » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:10 am

My name is Charmaine, but everyone has called me Charli since I was a child. I live in Australia with my brother and his wife who is also my best friend. I moved in with them 20 years ago when I was a single mum, to care for all of our children while they both worked fulltime. All of the children have now left home, but I am still there, and I am now working while they have retired - LOL. I have a grown up son, who I adore, who lives with us on and off as he is a transient worker. Fortunately he does not plan to turn me into a grandma anytime soon (I tell him I'm too young to be a grandma while I still have all of my own teeth)!

I love roses and orchids and plan to take up gardening when I retire. My favourite colour is pink. Throw out the rest! I narrowly missed out on one of the original pink unicorns in FF, and spent years accumulating gold to buy it in the LE Shop, only to have FF roll over on its back like a dead cockroach not long after I got my pinky, which wasn't really the end of the world because I think I enjoyed the thrill of trying to get one more than I actually enjoyed finally having it, if that makes sense?
Charli (Charmaine) & Chamaeleon

lynnmccorry

Postby lynnmccorry » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:26 pm

Hi everyone. I'm Lynn. I'm 51 years old and live in the beautiful State of Perth, Western Australia. I was actually born in England but we immigrated to Australia when I was 10 years old. I have been with my husband since I was 17 years old (1981). His name is Brian and is a year and a half older than me. He was my first boyfriend and is the love of my life. We got married in 1986 and are totally in love with each other after all these years.

We have a daughter, Jade, who will be 25 this year. She is engaged to Aaron. Moxie, our cat, completes our family.

I love art ... I make art journals, paint, sketch etc. I used to be a scrapbooker and worked on design teams on a few different sites. I've had scrapbook layouts and articles published in magazines. Nowadays I mainly just do art journaling.

I've actually been ill since I was 14. I worked for a few years from the age of 17 but had to stop working when I was about 25. My husband has looked after me all these years and has never complained once :) I'm so lucky and truly blessed. I spent many, many years bedridden because of pain but now, with perseverance and good medication, can move around. I have lots of health issues but won't go into them. Sadly, my husband became very sick a few years ago and had to retire from being a sports teacher. I won't say life is (or ever has been) easy but we are grateful for what we do have.

My mum and husband were in a terrible car accident a few months ago. Mum was hurt badly. Brian and I have moved in and now live with her as she will have to be looked after, probably for the rest of her life. We don't mind, she's been so good to us, it's the least we can do.

I hope this doesn't sound too "down" a post. It's not meant to be. I just wanted people to know who I was. I don't like to talk about my illness etc. but will say that because of it I became agoraphobic and socially phobic about 17 years ago and only left my house for the first time in all those years (except for trips to hospital by ambulance), this year. I'm slowly getting out and one day hope to live a fairly normal life again (as in being able to go out places with Brian etc.) Unfortunately, because mum can't be left alone, my going out has been put on hold for a while but I will persevere and will get there one day :) My dream is to walk along the beach at sunset, hand in hand with Brian and Jade. It's been a dream of mine for years and one day I will make it come true.

I'm actually a fairly happy, crazy, weird person lol. I love metal music and Stone Sour and Slipknot are my favourite bands. Music is so important to me...it touches a place in my soul and makes me feel alive. I also love to read and love any and everything science fiction.

I wish I had more exciting things to tell you about myself but I don't. That's me in a nutshell. Someone who is striving, along with her husband, to live again. We have another dream...to go on a holiday one day. That would be so awesome and I know we will do it!
Lynn and Lily
Come and visit us anytime, we love visitors.
https://apps.facebook.com/petsnfriends/ ... 3298643194

Jena

Postby Jena » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:28 pm

Jena and Mopsy - https://apps.facebook.com/petsnfriends/ ... 4874095866
I currently living in Edmonton, AB - where the winters are long and spring and summer come and go way to fast, would love to live somewhere hot, hot, hot

I was born in Prince Rupert BC - a small port community - we were on vacation one summer and heading home to Prince Rupert, my dad commented on if it's raining when we get home we are moving to Terrace (it was named exactly was it says, it was built upon a terrace of land) which was only a 100 miles from Rupert. We lived in Terrace for my younger years and moved in Junior High. I can honestly say that moving a lot during my youth did not benefit me with making friends to keep long enough as I did not know when the next move would be.

I have two children who are grown and have moved out on their own - three beautiful grandsons who are the whole world to me. ;)

I come online to enjoy a break from real life - some would say I'm introvert (Introverts are drained by social encounters and energized by solitary, often creative pursuits. Their disposition is frequently misconstrued as shyness, social phobia or even avoidant personality disorder, but many introverts socialize easily; they just strongly prefer not to.) I prefer the latter of being introverted, but will have a conversation with you.

Jena
Jena Fech

https://apps.facebook.com/petsnfriends/community.php?id=8245268084874095866

Jeanetta

Postby Jeanetta » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:45 pm

Hi Kathy and Figment

it sure is nice to meet you :)
I am a bit older than my teeth .... and I am a grandma to a fine young 11 yr old redhead , he is the apple of my eye
I am a Christian and love Jesus , He loves you too !
I have two grown children who are living on their own with their spouses and a step-son who is autistic that still lives with us , he will be 39 yrs old in October
I have two dogs and a cat ... Kujo and Daisy , and Spooky
My hubby is my best friend , he adores me and I him .. in Dec we will celebrate 25 yrs of marriage , but we have been together for 38 yrs !!!
Blue is my favourite colour and pansies are my favourite flower , and I love Elmo :)
and I am Canadian !
Thank you times a bazillion for your contest and a chance to win , loved reading everyone's entries and getting to know a bit more about our PnF friends , and that makes me a winner already , XOXOXO

Jeanetta and Periwinkle

JamieC

Postby JamieC » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:52 pm

Hello! I teach high school math in Central Florida. Single with 4 kitties. Enjoy traveling, reading, and scrapbooking. My game's grey kitty, London, is named after my Russian blue kitty, London. He was the sweetest, most affectionate kitty. He loved everyone. My game's black lab, Jacklyn, is named after Jack, a tricolor collie who passed away shortly before I adopted pets for this game. I grew up with collies and cats.

Sina Whipp

Postby Sina Whipp » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:34 am

https://apps.facebook.com/petsnfriends/ ... 6273387770
What a lovely way to get to know each other. :)
A little bit about me...... I lived a gypsy life growing up as my father had lived the gypsy way all of his life. He would tell me that he felt it in his bones when it was time to move on. When he felt it in his bones he would lay out a map of Canada, cover his eyes with one hand and with the other point somewhere on the map, and when he uncovered his eyes he would say "pack up we are moving" and off we would go to the that community.
He had been a circus performer when he was a young man in Europe and brought that magic from long ago into our home when I was growing up and I believed it to be true.
I still believe in magic and once in a while feel it in my bones to move on but having a home to call my own is very precious to me.
I am happily married have two grown children, a precious grandson and an ever so sweet grand puppy.
I am 62yrs old and have been retired for two years and love being reclusive and spending time in nature. I live on Vancouver Island Canada,where I met my husband, and live beside a beautiful lake in the country.
I live a peaceful life and love the quiet of the morning just before the night turns to light. Most mornings I have my first cup of coffee down by the waters edge watching and listening to the loons calling as the morning mist rises from the water.
I am a spiritual being who honors all beliefs,faiths and religions who are kind to all sentient beings and mother earth.
I love all animals and have a boxer boy named buddy who is very special to me and whom I call my shadow as he follows me everywhere.
My life has seen many twists and turns, and ups and downs, and as I learn and grow, I feel blessed with all that is in my life. :)

Pandi2

Postby Pandi2 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:58 am

Hi! I'm Sandi (since I didn't put my actual name as my identity here - no, I am not named Pandi2!) I'm from the Canadian prairies, and currently live in Edmonton, Alberta - the northern-most city in the western hemisphere over a million people metro. We can get some incredible northern lights here, but you have to get out of the city to really appreciate them. I've been a stay at home mom for most of my life. Actually, sadly, I'm not really kidding. We have two sets of children, sort of, two older girls [12 year break] and two younger boys. I'm hoping to become a grandma soon (oh my word, I can't believe I am saying that!!!!) and I still have two boys at home, and the younger one is . . . a bit high maintenance. If I add it all up, I've been a stay at home mom for more than half my life. I am approaching the big five-oh in a couple of months, and it might soon be time to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. I love sci-fi, books, babies and animals. And that's me.

Return to “The Vault”