close

Moderators: Ane M, joli3ma3, lisa, tx2001aggie, Jeanetta

vey_chyryn

close

Postby vey_chyryn » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:04 am

I'm not certain if this is just my browser not loading the site fully, or something else. So here it is.

Using Google Chrome Version 43.0.2357.81 m
On Windows 8
Coding not fully loading
Happens randomly, on any page within Pets n Friends (Noticed it mainly while viewing my pet, various shops in the mall, and while visiting inventory; but it happens on other pages, too)

Screen shots of two occurrences tonight:

[Image

Last edited by vey_chyryn on Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

David J Weston

Re: Not sure if bug, coding, or something else

Postby David J Weston » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:05 pm

I can tell what is causing this and will have to contact Al; it is in his area. I am not sure it is safe for me to fix it myself. Thank you for making us aware of this. It could be that this is confined to a small number of users for whom we are trying to fix the effects of a problem Facebook left us with.

David J Weston

Re: Not sure if bug, coding, or something else

Postby David J Weston » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:02 pm

I have taken the liberty of fixing this myself. The bug was caused by using a '.' instead of a ',' , which is very easy to do when one is reading off the computer screen. Since the relevant code was only used under certain conditions, the server only complained under those conditions --- and thus the problem went unnoticed. If php was a compiled language, such problems would be prevented before they ever hit the page ---

Return to “The Vault”