Tranquile's Caterpillar Sanctuary & Other Stories *image heavy*

A place to share your art, talk about it and share your tips on how to create your look

Moderators: Ane M, joli3ma3, lisa, tx2001aggie, Jeanetta

vey_chyryn

Tranquile's Caterpillar Sanctuary & Other Stories *image heavy*

Postby vey_chyryn » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:53 am

Tranquile's Caterpillar Sanctuary & Other Stories

Welcome to my organized gallery! We are still under construction at the moment, but will be up and running soon.

This thread will contain all my art and sort them by story and competition. If PnF one day allows us to do this within our galleries, this thread may become obsolete, but will remain until the option exists.

Directory:
OP: Intro
Post 2: Sanctuary History, Sanctuary Volunteers
Post 3: Sanctuary Residents
Post 4: Sanctuary Residents
Post 5: Caterpillar Structures
Post 6: reserved
Post 7: Random Art
Post 8: Art Competition Entries
Post 9: reserved
Last edited by vey_chyryn on Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:24 am, edited 4 times in total.

vey_chyryn

Re: Tranquile's Caterpillar Sanctuary & Other Stories

Postby vey_chyryn » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:54 am

Tranquile's Caterpillar Sanctuary History
Tranquile's Start

Tranquile and friends welcome her first Caterpillar arrivals.
Tranquile is jumping with joy, so many new friends and experiences to enjoy! Thank you for such warm welcomes!

Evening at the Sanctuary
Evening settles in at the Sanctuary as Tranquile spends the last moments of sun tiring out her little residents.

Relaxing Sanctuary Day
Tranquile, Maurice, and Samuel enjoy a relaxing day with their Caterpillar friends. She can hardly wait until she has even more new arrivals!

Day Swim
Tranquile takes her Caterpillar residents for a day swim, and they meet a new friend! Rosa the quadropus has volunteered to help on all swimming expeditions.

Unexpected Surprise
Tranquile and her residents went for a relaxing walk, and found quite a surprise! New volunteers and residents! Please welcome the two new volunteers: Seriny the Grey Kitten and Damian the Green Unicorn; and three new residents: Charice the Green Dragonfly, Arla the Majestic Butterfly, and Serigi the Brown Rabbit.

Starry Night
Tranquile, Samuel and Damian take some of their residents out for star gazing. Such a lovely night!

Special Gift
Tranquile is jumping with immeasurable joy -- her residents banded together after hearing her story and built her a little tree house. She can hardly believe the love she has received for following her dreams.

Forest Surprise
Seriny, Damian, and Tranquile were taking a break with a lovely stroll through the woods, when what do they find? A couple of exhausted little turtles! Tranquile thinks maybe they should bring the turtles home.

Training
Poor little Turtles are so exhausted they knocked their tea over! Damian and Tranquile learn the turtles are training for a race! The Caterpillars overhear the story, and decide to start training themselves....though they don't really know how to train for a race...Maybe pull ups, weights, and balance exercises will do?

Camp Out

Art Class
The caterpillars show their creativity by making pictures of their favourite volunteers.
Can you figure out each of their favourites?

Sanctuary Volunteers

Tranquile's Sanctuary
Tranquile invites you inside her ever-growing Sanctuary to meet her residents and volunteers! No need to worry, the building is still being worked on and everyone is very friendly.

Introducing Damian
Introducing: Damian (m)
Who's there? Oh! Hello! Please, come in. I'm just finishing up my latest piece. I love creating clothing, fashion is a big passion of mine. Afraid I'm not all that good at sewing though, so my pieces usually stay on the page unless I can find someone to help bring them to life. Well yes, I suppose the piece is a little 'feminine', but what is 'feminine' really? Just a term we put on things that don't need them. I have no shame in appreciating these things, they are what I like and what makes me, me. That's what I excel at here, helping to show the residents and volunteers things aren't always as they appear. Maybe you could join us on our next outing? I plan on bring the residents to a village festival - lots of good music, fantastic food, and incredible art.

Introducing: Seriny
Introducing: Seriny (f)
Hey everybody!! The name is Seriny, I volunteer here at the Caterpillar Sanctuary. Ooooohhhh, did you see that light? What was that? Aww..it was just a glare from a passing vehicle. Where was I? Oh yeah, I was introducing myself! I work here at the Caterpillar Sanctuary, taking care of the more 'hyper' residents. Well, at least I get told they're hyper. I don't think so. Sometimes those caterpillars just aren't fast enough! Have you ever had to sit and wait for caterpillars to catch up while you're on a walk? It's sooooo boring! Though I guess a nature walk is supposed to be more walking than running...but I can't help myself! Something catches my eye and I just have to go! Ahh! Did you see that flower petal? Hold on while I go catch it!

Introducing: Samuel
Introducing: Samuel (m)
*yawn*

Oh, hello. Welcome to my little room in the Sanctuary. It is a bit small, but I don't mind, I usually just come here for naps. I spend so much time chasing after caterpillars, dragonflies, mice, and, erm, the many other animals we have here. *aaahhhhh* Sorry, still a bit sleepy. Had a late night helping the smaller caterpillars learn how to climb trees. Oh, you didn't know? Not every caterpillar can climb trees easily, some of them need lots of encouragement. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to get a bit more sleep...

Introducing: Rosa
Introducing: Rosa (f)
Hola, visitantes!

Rosa here, and I help the Sanctuary with their water excursions! I traveled here from across the seas, and was thinking of heading back home until I met Tranquile. I just loved her enthusiasm, teaching caterpillars to swim! I'd never seen such a thing before!

I spend a lot of down time floating around the local lakes, building sandcastles, and directing tourists when they're lost. Tranquile said she'll be adding a water room in the Volunteer Wing so I can spend more time helping out.

Introducing: Maurice
Introducing: Maurice (m)
Salutations, visitor. Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Maurice, and I volunteer here at Tranquile's Caterpillar Sanctuary.

I met Tranquile while she was on an outing with her first group of residents, all blue caterpillars. I learned her story and decided I could spare some time volunteering with her establishment. How much I have learned and grown as my own person was quite unexpected!

Recently I moved in to the Volunteer Wing of the Sanctuary, so I could be of more help to Tranquile. When I have down time I thoroughly enjoy reading history and studying the arts. I plan to start hosting painting lessons for the residents soon.
Last edited by vey_chyryn on Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:22 am, edited 6 times in total.

vey_chyryn

Postby vey_chyryn » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:54 am

Sanctuary Residents
Last edited by vey_chyryn on Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

vey_chyryn

Postby vey_chyryn » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:55 am

Sanctuary Residents
Last edited by vey_chyryn on Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

vey_chyryn

Postby vey_chyryn » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:55 am

Caterpillar Structures

Up to old tricks..
Caterpillars are getting up to their old tricks again...

Is that a blue....cow?
They do say imitation is the greatest form of flattery.
Last edited by vey_chyryn on Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

vey_chyryn

Postby vey_chyryn » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:56 am

Creativity

Creation at work - Blue Caterpillar
Creation at work - how a blue caterpillar is made!
Last edited by vey_chyryn on Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

vey_chyryn

Postby vey_chyryn » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:57 am

Random Art

Random 1 - Food Request
While we have a LONG Wish List in the forum, Tranquile and her volunteers think we need FOOD most of all! So we've decided to try to stock up on food and drinks! We love all gifts, but ANY food and drink donations (or silver or gold to buy them with) is greatly appreciated.

Random 2 - Food Request 2
Collecting food and drinks! We love all gifts, but ANY food and drink donations (or silver or gold to buy them with) is greatly appreciated.

Food & Drinks
Collecting food and drinks! We love all gifts, but ANY food and drink donations (or silver or gold to buy them with) is greatly appreciated.

Thank You!
THANK YOU everyone for all the gifts and messages! Not able to be on much more than to shake paws lately, so I haven't been able to thank everyone individually. We are so grateful for all the gifts!! Also now in Florida on vacation!

Sanctuary Beach Outing
THANK YOU everyone for all the gifts and messages! Not able to be on much more than to shake paws lately, so I haven't been able to thank everyone individually. We are so grateful for all the gifts!! Also now in Florida on vacation!

Underwater Party
In Florida on vacation! Underwater Party made by my niece, Destiny. :)

4th of July Celebration
In Florida on vacation! 4th of July Celebration by my niece, Destiny. :)

Underwater
In Florida on vacation! Underwater by my nephew, Jayce. :)

Unfinished Coaster
Unfinished roller coaster design, attempted on last day of 200 items and ran out of time.

Tranquile's Air Sanctuary
Currently in Florida on vacation! Tranquile's Air Caterpillar Sanctuary by my niece, Destiny. :)

Tranquile's Godzillar Caterpillar Sanctuary
Currently in Florida on vacation! Tranquile's Godzillar Caterpillar Sanctuary by my niece, Destiny. :)

Magical Land
Currently in Florida on vacation! magical land by my niece, Destiny. :)

Open Air Picnic
Currently in Florida on vacation! Open air picnic by my niece, Destiny. :)

Open Air Picnic 2
Currently in Florida on vacation! Open air picnic by my niece, Destiny. :)
Last edited by vey_chyryn on Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

vey_chyryn

Postby vey_chyryn » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:57 am

Art Competition Entries

Orange You Glad
Poor little tiger is stuck in a strange world of fire and ice. If only someone was brave enough to help him!
Orange You Glad? 5/26-6/1 2015

Puffball's Story
This orange puff wasn't always grumpy. In fact, he usually isn't! He was out for a walk when a sudden rock slide squished him! He's been unable to fully open his eyes or smile since. :( He hates it when everyone just assumes he is grumpy...
Puffball's Story 6/2 - 6/8 2015

The Turtle Race Is On! (Official Entry)
The Caterpillars have trained...The Turtles are rested...And they meet their opponents. But are they ready? Ingenuity gets put to the test as the Caterpillars encounter one obstacle they had not trained for -- a large body of water!
Turtle Races 6/9 - 6/15 2015

(Missed "Let's Whistle" 6/16 - 6/22 2015)

Selfie Day
Trying to find the perfect angle for a selfie is hard work.
Selfie Day 6/23-6/29 2015

Boat trial

200 Items on the Dark and Stormy Seas
The poor little fox and turtle were not prepared for their journey out to sea. Fox wants to help his friend but is afraid to turn the boat around!
200 items exactly.
200 Item Trial 6/30 - 7/6 2015

Caterpillar Picnic
Tranquile planned a large picnic for her and her caterpillars under some beautiful blue trees, but is confused why only two of them showed up! She wonders where the other caterpillars could be...
Teddy Bear Picnic 7/7 - 7/13 2015

Is that a blue....cow?
They do say imitation is the greatest form of flattery.
Cows Week 7/14 - 7/20 2015

Let's Eat
Let's Eat - Banana splits!
Let's Eat 7/21 - 7/27 2015
Last edited by vey_chyryn on Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:18 am, edited 6 times in total.

vey_chyryn

Postby vey_chyryn » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:21 am

Pieces to return to (so I don't lose them).

Return to “Show & Tell”