Buying Golden Moles

A place to learn how to get Pets 'n' Friends premium currency

Moderators: Ane M, joli3ma3, lisa, tx2001aggie, Jeanetta

David J Weston

Buying Golden Moles

Postby David J Weston » Fri May 22, 2015 5:41 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

'Golden Moles' are the premium currency of "Pets 'n' Friends". We have made this post really obvious in the forum, because the details are so hard to find anywhere else. After I explain how to get golden moles, I will explain why we can't show you how in the Facebook app.

How to buy Golden Moles! Edit - July 1st 2016.
You can buy golden moles in the 'Gold' tab in the STAND ALONE version of the PnF Mall. You do not have to have a stand alone account to do so.
Here's what the 'Gold' page looked like on July 1st 2016:

Click this link to go there:
https://www.pets-n-friends.com/image.edit/mall.php?shop=8

If you want to 'Send money' by Paypal rather than using the button, please send your payments to:
petsnfriends1@gmail.com
Don't miss the '1' out and don't use any punctuation!

If you need advice about using Paypal to donate, click this link: ('How to get Golden Moles').
https://www.facebook.com/notes/pets-n-friends-group/how-to-get-golden-moles/857357034361402

If you would like to set up a subscription, click this link for simple instructions:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.798153273615112&type=1

That's all you could want to know :D Now, why all these complications?

Why we can't tell you this in our Facebook app
The Facebook app must obey certain contractual requirements imposed by Facebook. One of them is, if we take payments for our services in the Facebook app, we have to accept Facebook credits as a valid form of payment. There are several problems with that.

Firstly, that means programming them in. I probably couldn't work out how to do it (in general Facebook features are not well explained or the documentation is commonly out of date) and we have more urgent things for Alias Al to do.

Secondly, Facebook credits give us only 70% of what you pay. So we effectively get charged 30% of anything you want to give us via Facebook credits. Paypal fees are 4% plus 30 cents.

Thirdly, we are contractually required to accept 'free' Facebook credits when users offer them as payment. For these, we would get nothing at all. When you get given 'free' Facebook credits, Facebook is giving away the developer's money, not their own. It's easy to be generous when you can reach into someone else's wallet before you hand out money.

Fourthly, in order to make it harder for apps to get around these issues, all developers are required not to link out of their Facebook app to a 'portal' site or even mention its existence. That way the users are kept in ignorance of any other place they can buy game money at a discount, which was a common way of getting round 1, 2 and 3 before Facebook imposed 4 to prevent it.

Are you at all surprised that developers, faced with the above and with the requirement to alter their software to jump through hoops imposed by Facebook on a regular basis, have often taken their talents to mobile phone apps or just quit Facebook altogether? Our response is to show you how to buy golden moles on our stand alone app, but we cannot show you how on the Facebook app at this time. I hope you will understand.

How you can help others
To help others who are naturally confused, there is nothing to stop you telling them where to get golden moles in comments on their PnF 'My Pets' page, in Facebook IMs, in group posts, or by word of mouth if you actually know them IRL! But we can do no more than we have done. We're really sorry for leaving you in the dark, but until we have time to program in a method of buying golden moles using Facebook credits, we can't even tell you (in our Facebook app) how to get them at all, or where else you can go to get them.

Other ways to pay
If you would really like to be able to pay for golden moles using Facebook credits, or in any other ways, please comment in this thread. Payment processing systems are not simple to install (they have to be completely secure), we rely on Alias Al for such things, and the time he can spare to help us is limited, so until we can pay for programming services, I can't promise anything will be done. But your views will help us to plan for the future.

¬DJK, edited: 1st July 2016.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by David J Weston on Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

LadyHalse

Re: Buying Golden Moles

Postby LadyHalse » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:34 am

Maybe consider updating this as the FnC rate has changed?! Wish it were still 1000 as I can finally buy!! lol And because of the 2015/2016 fix... ;)

David J Weston

Postby David J Weston » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:47 pm

Good point. I must do some work on this on 1st January 2016 anyway. My problem is there are so many things to do, I forget some of them in the rush.

Sina Whipp

Postby Sina Whipp » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:45 pm

I just purchased some golden moles and was wondering when I should expect them to be transferred into my account? Thanks. :)

vey_chyryn

Postby vey_chyryn » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:17 am

Sina Whipp wrote:I just purchased some golden moles and was wondering when I should expect them to be transferred into my account? Thanks. :)

Usually the transfer takes place within 24 hours. Since it has to be done manually and David and Lisa are taking a few days off, there might be a delay. Hopefully you will have them soon, though.

lisa

Postby lisa » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:05 pm

Things will be slower than normal but we will get things done within the promised 24 hours.

SirOliversmum

Postby SirOliversmum » Sun May 29, 2016 11:15 am

If i pay $10.01 can i get FnC instead of gm? Thank you =)

David J Weston

Postby David J Weston » Sun May 29, 2016 2:47 pm

Hi SirOliversmum,

Thank you for asking. This page is clearly way out of date. Yes, you can get FnC instead of GM by sending $10.01.

The authoritative page is on the stand alone site, here:
http://www.pets-n-friends.com/image.edi ... php?shop=8

We cannot show the details on the Facebook app, because Facebook won't let us.

DorothyBGood

Postby DorothyBGood » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:58 am

I bought 200 golden moles tonight Aug. 5/16 at 18:13:12 PDT and my receipt no. is 4977-9845-5322-2668 but had not received anything yet? Hoe long does it take to get into PNF? Shouldn't it be instantly?

Never mind they finally got here! Thanks

David J Weston

Postby David J Weston » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:44 am

Hi Dorothy,

Just a quick note to say this is normal. We have a manual processing system, just as fluff did in the beginning. To process a payment either I or Lisa have to be awake, at a keyboard, and aware that it has been received. So delays can be many hours, depending which of those possible delays is relevant.

Naturally I would like to have the payment processing automated, but there are also very many other things which are urgently needed in the game, and automatic payment processing is one of the bigger and tougher projects; thus it must unfortunately wait its turn.

Return to “Golden Moles”