signatures for pnf - important update!!!

Moderators: Ane M, joli3ma3, lisa, tx2001aggie, Jeanetta

lisa

signatures for pnf - important update!!!

Postby lisa » Tue May 26, 2015 6:04 pm

hi all!!

there have been some inquiries about where to find a signature creator and setting up a shop to create pnf signatures.....

we are currently speaking to the group of artists to get their input about the use of their images for signatures. once we have a clear idea of what they would and would not want done with their images, we will let those inquiring about signatures for pnf know. and at that time, i'll probably do what was done in the forum for "that other game" - create a services forum with sub-forums for signature shops and other services.

UPDATE!!!

there is a separate topic that has news and information about this subject which can be found here:
http://www.totallysocial.me/mspforum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=101

vey_chyryn

Re: signatures for pnf

Postby vey_chyryn » Tue May 26, 2015 9:27 pm

Finding out how they feel about hand drawn signatures is important, too!

joli3ma3

Postby joli3ma3 » Wed May 27, 2015 4:04 am

Looking forward to the news!

DipsyDee3

Postby DipsyDee3 » Thu May 28, 2015 6:40 pm

yes there was mention of "getting the copyrights all figured out" first. there will be some fine print as to what is safe to use. typical copyrights speak mostly about personal and commercial uses when it comes to profiting from images...
i know you see a PnF image in my siggy right now but for now, David thinks that adding a siggy you already made yourself and did not pay or get paid to make it will be tolerated (for now that is all). he hasnt asked us to remove these siggies, but we await his final decision while he sort of lets those ones stay for now.... once the rules are finalized, we will all have to adhere to the policies that he and the artists settle on. There is just a lot to be considered when it comes to people profiting from something David, and the artists, have worked so hard for.

Once things are settled on paper, you can look forward to a section for signature services. i once had a siggy center in the "old forum" and will consider making a new shop if i can.
as usual, my link is in my siggies
Image Image

vey_chyryn

Postby vey_chyryn » Thu May 28, 2015 6:54 pm

I understand the need to not cross the line of profiting from copyrighted material. Though in this case the "profit" is in-game only, and is something the users creating sigs could get another way as well.

From my basic understanding, where the "profit" is not real world, nor legally exchangeable for real world currency once received, it should not be much of an issue.

Plus there is the concept that all sigs are fanart. A lot of artists in RL make a living off of fanart. And if the rule came to, it could always be that sig shoppes must be donation only, not an obligated amount of payment. (Yes that means sometimes the artist may not be 'paid' so-to-speak, but that does mean they are not charging for fanart of a copyrighted piece.

champranger

Postby champranger » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:22 pm

What is the status of this?
ImageImage

lisa

Postby lisa » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:46 am

champranger wrote:What is the status of this?

david and the artists are actually working on how to handle copyrights and such....because it is a tricky subject and each artist has their own ideas about it, it is taking some time. but since the initial question was posed, it has become a topic that we want to have handled in the best way possible.

champranger

Postby champranger » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:54 am

lisa wrote:

david and the artists are actually working on how to handle copyrights and such....because it is a tricky subject and each artist has their own ideas about it, it is taking some time. but since the initial question was posed, it has become a topic that we want to have handled in the best way possible.

Thank you for the reply. :)
ImageImage

champranger

Postby champranger » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:57 am

lisa wrote:

Would you be able to explain the difficulties in this subject? What are the artists' concerns?
ImageImage

joli3ma3

Postby joli3ma3 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:50 am

champranger wrote:
lisa wrote:

Would you be able to explain the difficulties in this subject? What are the artists' concerns?

I'm curious as well, but as always, very appreciative of all you do.

Return to “Other announcements”