signatures for pnf - important update!!!

Moderators: Ane M, joli3ma3, lisa, tx2001aggie, Jeanetta

lisa

Re: signatures for pnf

Postby lisa » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:15 am

this discussion is a private matter between the artists and the game and the final document is now being drawn up for approval.

as soon as i have more to give you, i will make sure to do so. i truly appreciate your patience as we work through this matter :)

champranger

Postby champranger » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:19 am

lisa wrote:this discussion is a private matter between the artists and the game and the final document is now being drawn up for approval.

as soon as i have more to give you, i will make sure to do so. i truly appreciate your patience as we work through this matter :)

Thank you! :)
ImageImage

vey_chyryn

Postby vey_chyryn » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:24 am

Looking forward to the final decision!

David J Weston

Postby David J Weston » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:29 am

The matter is being worked on. There are at least four artist's positions to consider and they are not all available to comment at once. I have drawn up a proposed document for advice to users and the artists are now making comments on it. However I also have very many other things to do at the same time and have been exhausted lately. If we all sat in one place and had nothing else to do but consider user copyright, this would take under an hour, but the end of the Ice Age, work on the June bonuses, ongoing programming and complete exhaustion have all at times cut into my ability to complete work on copyright issues.

I think we're nearly there, but 'nearly there' doesn't always quickly turn into 'finished' once you have the logistical problem of waiting for everyone to comment subject to their schedules, and me having to do very many things at once. It's in the nature of creating an announcement of this kind that nothing appears to be happening until an actual document is revealed; but be assured that plenty of work is being done on this. It took me all of Monday just to summarise the comments of the various artists about a wider range of copyright issues, of which user's permissions were only one small part; and the whole of this evening was spent on the first half of what will be a nice surprise for you all.

champranger

Postby champranger » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:43 am

David Joshua Knight wrote:The matter is being worked on. There are at least four artist's positions to consider and they are not all available to comment at once. I have drawn up a proposed document for advice to users and the artists are now making comments on it. However I also have very many other things to do at the same time and have been exhausted lately. If we all sat in one place and had nothing else to do but consider user copyright, this would take under an hour, but the end of the Ice Age, work on the June bonuses, ongoing programming and complete exhaustion have all at times cut into my ability to complete work on copyright issues.

I think we're nearly there, but 'nearly there' doesn't always quickly turn into 'finished' once you have the logistical problem of waiting for everyone to comment subject to their schedules, and me having to do very many things at once. It's in the nature of creating an announcement of this kind that nothing appears to be happening until an actual document is revealed; but be assured that plenty of work is being done on this. It took me all of Monday just to summarise the comments of the various artists about a wider range of copyright issues, of which user's permissions were only one small part; and the whole of this evening was spent on the first half of what will be a nice surprise for you all.

Thank you for the reply. Do take care of yourself. :)
ImageImage

vey_chyryn

Postby vey_chyryn » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:23 am

No worries, David! While I would love to open my sig shop ASAP, I completely understand that there is a lot you have to do all at once, and while this is an important matter, it is not the most immediately pressing. I, and other users I'm sure, will continue to wait patiently.

DipsyDee3

Postby DipsyDee3 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:02 pm

speaking from a legal standpoint, copyrights are not JUST draw up for signature uses. you must realize that a copyright of PnF images would be much more complex than "let them make siggies" One should consider that images in other games went outside the bounds of a forum and the creator could be breaking rules. I once saw a player of a Zynga game, make keychains and sell them on etsy. So if a copyright is not thorough, and cover OTHER issues besides signatures, then there is no point of a copyright. I would think that siggies are the least of David's worries, but he isnt the type of guy to just let things slide along for now, when there is an opportunity to do it right. i would assume that the copyright will be complete and include much more than JUST siggies.
as usual, my link is in my siggies
Image Image

Return to “Other announcements”