200 ITEMS - PROPOSALS

Moderators: Ane M, joli3ma3, lisa, tx2001aggie, Jeanetta

David J Weston

200 ITEMS - PROPOSALS

Postby David J Weston » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:06 pm

It is clear to me from user’s responses that not everyone’s computer can handle 101+ items. It would not be proper to offer a service we cannot deliver, yet some will both want it and be able to use it (even though some simply will not want it). After listening to responses on the forum, where it is easiest to keep track of it, I think this is how the matter should be handled in future.

(Image by Yasmeen Daruvala)

Some have a use for 200+ items, some do not. Some think that having 200 items would be an unfair advantage in competitions, others do not. I agree with those who dislike the app becoming split between those who can use 200 items and those who cannot --- though it is also clear that in PnF this would be far less of a handicap than it was in fluff. In fluff 41 items was something anyone could find a use for, whereas in PnF 101 items is more than many (if not most) of the users can find a use for.

Making 200 items a subscription only privilege would be far less of a handicap to those who cannot pay than the use of 80 items was in fluff. Even so, I am against 'subscription only' use. However games commonly require users to work for the use of better features, thus rewarding those who use the game regularly.

To bar competition entries with 101+ images just means disabling one button for images with 101+ items in them. To enable use of 200 items by all, but only for competitions, would mean major changes to the way images are saved, and experience shows that waiting for Al to have time to deal with changes of that kind could cause delays 3 to 6 months longer than would otherwise be the case.

However, what is meant by 'competition'? The current weekly 'competitions' are 'won' by all who take part; they all get prizes. The only prize for the most liked image is to provide our banner for one week. Is that what is meant by those who have a problem with use of 200 items in competitions or not? Or were they referring to the fluff art comps where users voted for art competitively? In my view such 'competitions' are just popularity contests, and were also too big for the typical user to view or vote on the majority of entries. So I have no aspiration to run open entry art competitions with game related prizes in PnF, ever.

Given all of the above, if and when there is time to provide the following, this is the best plan I have come up with so far:

1. All users will get ONE chance to use 200 items in the editor for ONE month as a free trial, once they have an inventory with 200+ items and have bought 200+ items (the second point prevents people cheating by using multiple accounts). The point of this is to make sure everyone can find out whether the benefit works on their computer and whether they have a use for it.
2. Users would be able to use game rewards to buy a one month permit to use the editor with 200 items. How much this would cost is yet to be decided, but it must be achievable for any user who has time to play the game (say) one hour a day. Whether they use their game rewards to do so or to spend on other things would be their choice, and there would be no compulsion to buy the use of 200 items in August just because the same user had done so in July.
3. Payment for the facility would result in being given a ‘200’ ticket, which could be exchanged or given away.
4. Open entry art competitions with in-game prizes (if we ever have any) would be restricted to the use of 100 items or less. Our current 'participation prize' competitions would not.
5. GIVEN THE ABOVE POINTS 1 to 4 WERE ALREADY WORKING, 200 items could also become a subscription bonus. The subscriber would get a free ‘200’ ticket, but others could get a ticket by working for it. If a subscriber did not want the ticket or their computer could not cope with using it, they could trade or gift the ticket and someone else could benefit instead.

=============

That is how I would proceed IF we ever offer the use of 200 items. The alternative is not to offer the use of 200 items AT ALL, because if some users cannot use it, to offer it to all would be selling the game as capable of doing a thing when some user's computers would not be able to cope.
My desire is harmonious use of the game with the best features possible. But like everything else, introducing ‘200’ tickets would take time; the idea has to take its place in the queue.

My thanks to all those who tried out the feature, those who expressed their concerns and those who simply said they had no use for it. All those opinions help me to assess the market for such a feature and the implications of introducing it.

Vicki Leung

Re: 200 ITEMS - PROPOSALS

Postby Vicki Leung » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:29 pm

Thanks so much, in my opinions, I rather you use the energy to develop the easier use of the editor for iPad, n tablets in the future, n I agree right now, feeding, n auction shop come first. Hugs, God bless.

David J Weston

Postby David J Weston » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:39 pm

Thank you. Making the editor easier to use in mobile devices is a horrible problem as we simply do not have enough of Al's time to make any difference at the present. To my surprise we have made more progress with mobile devices this year than I ever expected, but given feeding, limited edition trading and the stand alone site all have a higher priority, it will be come time before we can make any decisions about '200' (which requires only a small amount of work) or making the editor easier to use on iPads (which I currently have no one available to work on who knows how). Sorry not to be more positive :(

Vicki Leung

Postby Vicki Leung » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:49 pm

David Joshua Knight wrote:Thank you. Making the editor easier to use in mobile devices is a horrible problem as we simply do not have enough of Al's time to make any difference at the present. To my surprise we have made more progress with mobile devices this year than I ever expected, but given feeding, limited edition trading and the stand alone site all have a higher priority, it will be come time before we can make any decisions about '200' (which requires only a small amount of work) or making the editor easier to use on iPads (which I currently have no one available to work on who knows how). Sorry not to be more positive :(

Thanks so much, i actually think you are positive because you always listen to us, and work so hard, we appreciate very much, you and Al and your team have been wonderful, God Bless You All :D hugssssssssssssssss

Ruff'smom

Postby Ruff'smom » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:36 pm

this seems to have taken into consideration all the feedback & I think is very reasonable....good work as always!

vey_chyryn

Postby vey_chyryn » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:52 am

I like the options for how 200 items could be implemented. Personally, though it would not be often, I would appreciate the use of 200 items. There are pieces I have planned which I know I can do with 100 items, but I could do even more detail with 200.

Return to “New features”