THE FEEDING GAME - WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW.

Moderators: Ane M, joli3ma3, lisa, tx2001aggie, Jeanetta

David J Weston

THE FEEDING GAME - WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW.

Postby David J Weston » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:41 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I know I said that my current priority was to simplify the game – but as I prepared to do so, a new idea for feeding came up which I felt had to be incorporated first.

The creative group has had a LOT of ideas and most of the necessary software has already been written, but I have deferred making any announcements until testing has made it clear how the feeding game is to be played and how its economics will work. Those who have done the testing now all agree on a way forward.
1. I originally envisaged feeding taking place with foods priced at about 5SM, which was compatible with size 4 foods.
2. Testing shows that the game needs to be charged at 1 food = 1 SM, because the testers loved it so much they wanted to do lots of feeding.
3. This means opening a new shop for foods which are not capable of being used in the editor and are for eating only. (The alternative would be to devalue the size 4 foods users have already bought, which would not be fair on them).
4. Some users may have bought more size 4 foods than they now have a use for, thinking they would be used to feed pets when feeding began. If so, they are welcome to gift them to Lisa Weston, who will send 5SM in return for every food gifted for that purpose. Here is a link to her page:

https://apps.facebook.com/petsnfriends/ ... 5989887226

Please note that Lisa has a very busy life and she WILL respond, but there may be delays before she finally does so.

5. This arrangement will be honoured ether until the end of July or until the feeding game has begun, whichever comes later.

We already have these things working:
- The feeding game itself.
- A new food shop for ‘edible’ foods.
- A new currency, currently called ‘feeding points’.
- A rewards shop.

It remains to:
- Create the first set of rewards.
- Set prices for them.
- Enable rewards to be put in your wish list.
- Create an additional feature allowing an alternative use of feeding points.
- Make absolutely sure cheating cannot take place.
- Create a ‘help’ page.

I would normally not announce a new feature at this stage, but the need to advise you of the use of new foods instead of those you now own means I should tell you of that aspect as soon as possible - and thus I am doing so now, because we are now sure that the game economics require this decision.

In general – we have so much more planned for this game. At the moment it can be viewed as a weekly art competition with a supporting game. That is not its future. As usual I do not want to speak of things which I cannot yet deliver, but be quite sure that additional game play, additional facilities and above all a much larger user base have all been my intentions from day one.

The weekly competitions are doing a great job of showcasing the game and enabling us to give those who cannot pay for things some free stuff – but they are not the whole point of the game and as time goes by it will encompass very much more. What I CAN say is that hunts are not taking place right now for one reason – there are not enough users to make it worth having one, as the most enthusiastic hunters would want at least five times more users to go visit than we now have in the game. But that is the ONLY reason we are not holding hunts at this time – we already have the rewards for the first one created and the required software would take maybe a week to create.
I will announce the opening of the feeding game either when we have all aspects ready to use, or when we have everything done but the surprise extra feature, depending on how long it appears that will take to be completed.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Yasmeen

Re: THE FEEDING GAME - WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW.

Postby Yasmeen » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:47 am

This is super news, many thanks for keeping us all in the loop from the very start and modifying the game to the needs of the players. It's great you'll have feeding foods at 1 sm. Curious to know if all feeding foods will be deco foods as well. Having Lisa help those who may have bought foods at 5 sm for later feeding is a super idea too! Thank you both for all this and more that we know (and don't know - behind the scenes stuff) that you are doing for the players.

Looking forward to all the new developments. Thanks!

Kerry Haine

Postby Kerry Haine » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:06 am

Sounds good,am looking forward to the game expanding :D

joli3ma3

Postby joli3ma3 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:17 pm

I'm VERY excited for this, David. You're preparing to implement the new feature in excellent fashion!

Yay PnF!

:D

Kuda

Postby Kuda » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:48 am

This is just cRaZy awesome!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wow :D

Congratulations to another huge step!! ... for us all to have fun and hey, brings out the good

Fantabulous :!: :!: :)

trishareck

Postby trishareck » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:31 pm

This is such great news!!!

javabunny

Postby javabunny » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:45 pm

*twitches with excitement*

I am hoping these toucans i am seeing around are connected to it and i will be able to get my grubby flippers on one and call it sam LOL

Return to “New features”