SIGNATURES AND COPYRIGHT

Moderators: Ane M, joli3ma3, lisa, tx2001aggie, Jeanetta

David J Weston

SIGNATURES AND COPYRIGHT

Postby David J Weston » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:38 pm

There are two new tabs on the 'Welcome' page, one telling users about the PnF Facebook group, the other telling them about the MSP forum. Here is a link to the tab about the forum: https://apps.facebook.com/petsnfriends/index.php?tab=6

The page includes copyright details; feel free to point out anything which is unclear and we will consider rephrasing. We are not lawyers, so creating the copyright statement was as much fun as a thing which isn't funny at all.

And now, in the grand tradition of me saying I will not or cannot do a thing and then doing it for you all anyway --- the page includes a picture search feature! You can view any image which the site has made public since the shops were opened, and have permission to use them all in signatures for the MSP forum. Accordingly permission for a 'Major Clanger' type site will not be given; PnF includes its own complete, always up to date service :D

Here's what I got when searching for 'x' - you can also search by group (e.g. scenes). All results in alphabetical order.

champranger

Re: SIGNATURES AND COPYRIGHT

Postby champranger » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:20 pm

David Joshua Knight wrote:There are two new tabs on the 'Welcome' page, one telling users about the PnF Facebook group, the other telling them about the MSP forum. Here is a link to the tab about the forum: https://apps.facebook.com/petsnfriends/index.php?tab=6

The page includes copyright details; feel free to point out anything which is unclear and we will consider rephrasing. We are not lawyers, so creating the copyright statement was as much fun as a thing which isn't funny at all.

And now, in the grand tradition of me saying I will not or cannot do a thing and then doing it for you all anyway --- the page includes a picture search feature! You can view any image which the site has made public since the shops were opened, and have permission to use them all in signatures for the MSP forum. Accordingly permission for a 'Major Clanger' type site will not be given; PnF includes its own complete, always up to date service :D

Here's what I got when searching for 'x' - you can also search by group (e.g. scenes). All results in alphabetical order.

Thank you for your time and effort. What about handdrawn signatures? Can they be used in other areas for personal use and non-commercial purposes? Or are they limited to this forum only? My current signature was from the last game but I don't really use for anything other than in different forums for signatures or avatars.
ImageImage

vey_chyryn

Postby vey_chyryn » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:23 pm

So, to clarify, are hand-drawn signatures also acceptable under the stated policy? My assumption is yes, but I would like clarification.

DipsyDee3

Postby DipsyDee3 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:51 pm

As it stands now, by the copyright that is started:

SIGGY RULES

images of PnF (pets, decos foods etc) CAN be used for signature creation using any type of software you can use.
Images can be drag and dropped or hand drawn recreations of those images provided by PnF
signatures bearing PnF images are limited to use ONLY in the forum.
one can NEVER accept REAL LIFE money for signatures.
one CAN accept in game currencies (items, pets, sivler moles, golden moles) for signatures

images created in the EDITOR can be shared elsewhere and provide a link to the game
examples: making photo albums on your page, videos, or facebook's like and share, youtube compilations of your fave art, can be shared on facebook or other social platforms, with a link to the game provided.
as usual, my link is in my siggies
Image Image

DipsyDee3

Postby DipsyDee3 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:52 pm

vey_chyryn wrote:So, to clarify, are hand-drawn signatures also acceptable under the stated policy? My assumption is yes, but I would like clarification.

clarification posted above :) hope that helps
as usual, my link is in my siggies
Image Image

David J Weston

Postby David J Weston » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:46 am

The problem is with taking existing images and changing them. If you drew an image yourself, you drew it, and that's that.

champranger

Postby champranger » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:15 am

David Joshua Knight wrote:The problem is with taking existing images and changing them. If you drew an image yourself, you drew it, and that's that.

Thank you! :)
ImageImage

Return to “New features”