Moderators: Ane M, joli3ma3, lisa, tx2001aggie, Jeanetta

Tranquility

3-in-1 suggestion

Postby Tranquility » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:13 pm

The purpose of this suggestion is threefold:

1. the excitement of a competition
2. documenting the wishes and drawing on the creative thinking of users
3. generating more activity in the forum

My proposal is for a competition for the best suggestion in each of the art suggestion sub-categories, with one "winning" suggestion in each category (determined by Alias Al and the artists, because it needs to be do-able) getting made, and the suggester getting it for FREE as their prize!

Naturally, other users would be interested in reading the suggestions, and posting their support for the suggestions that they'd like to see made. While this would influence AA & the a's decisions, their choice of the winners wouldn't be solely based on such "supporting/liking", as we already have this in the Gallery.

What do you think?
Kris, Tranquility, Serenity, Noodle & Milkshake
https://apps.facebook.com/petsnfriends/ ... 4427017466

DipsyDee3

Re: 3-in-1 suggestion

Postby DipsyDee3 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:19 pm

you mean a competition to see who can create the BEST suggestion for a new food, new scene, new pet and so on for the artist to tackle next? perhaps this would be very subjective from person to person or from artist to artist. and maybe it is something that needs more daily forum users to really get off the ground. i am enjoying reading the suggestions, but i am not sure there is enough traffic YET... :)
as usual, my link is in my siggies
Image Image

Tranquility

Postby Tranquility » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:38 am

DipsyDee3 wrote:you mean a competition to see who can create the BEST suggestion for a new food, new scene, new pet and so on for the artist to tackle next? perhaps this would be very subjective from person to person or from artist to artist. and maybe it is something that needs more daily forum users to really get off the ground. i am enjoying reading the suggestions, but i am not sure there is enough traffic YET... :)

Totally, but I don't mean "subjective"! Key to creating images for our art is the availability and convenience of the artists, so it wouldn't be subjective so much as "practical" or "practicable"... What do you think?
Kris, Tranquility, Serenity, Noodle & Milkshake
https://apps.facebook.com/petsnfriends/ ... 4427017466

DipsyDee3

Postby DipsyDee3 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:52 pm

well, who is to decide which is best? a poll or an artist?
problem with a poll, people may vote for something unattainable.
problem with an artist, i think there are a few artists so which decides and why. say artist 1 likes the "mountain top" scene but artist 2, 3 and 4 do not. what i mean by subjective, i mean the difference of one persons opinion to another.

i think the contest has merit, but i think it need MORE of an audience, more people taking part to get more to choose from. a contest isnt much of a contest with only 3 entrants. and even then, im not sure if a "winner" would be easily determined. i think that we can just fill the suggestion box with ideas and cross our fingers that the artists do something with those ideas. better to have a lot of ideas to spark some creativity, than one winner who may not even be something that suits at the moment...

im not trying to stop such a contest, but just thinking about the realistic expectations. i do think it would work IF the ideas were really feasible and the artists agreed...
and if they could not agree, then perhaps a random draw from the top choices
as usual, my link is in my siggies
Image Image

Return to “Competition suggestions”