Re: Art Challenge Suggestions

Postby lisa » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:25 pm

suggestions list up to date :)

javabunny

Postby javabunny » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:02 am

pi day for March 14 2016 may not be as epic as it was in 2015 but pi is awesome

or tau day LOL (june 28th) for those who argue against pi

also there is MRT week for all us medical radiation techs (nov 8-14 2015)

and comical- nov 9 chaos never dies day (oooh that could be trouble LOL)

december 8th- pretend to be a time traveler day hahhaha

Colleen

Postby Colleen » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:59 pm

How about a jewelry challenge :geek:

KathyD

Postby KathyD » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:29 am

March 3 is World Wildlife Day
March 23 is National Puppy Day (hint hint we need new puppies ;)
April 29 Arbor Day

ctauclair

Postby ctauclair » Thu May 26, 2016 4:39 am

How about a movie theme challenge?

joli3ma3

Postby joli3ma3 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:54 pm

I would love to see an Endometriosis awareness themed Challenge. Preferably in March as that is Endometriosis awareness month. This is a terrible and excruciatingly painful disease in women. This disease has robbed me of the ability to have children, the cause behind endless procedures, scans, surgeries, etc. Endometriosis is absolutely debilitating and destroys your quality of life in so many ways in advanced stages. There is no cure, it's relentless and more people need to be aware of it.

The bright yellow ribbon is the ribbon of awareness for this disease.

Aquarius

Postby Aquarius » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:31 am

I would like to suggest a "Caption Me" art comp, where artists make whatever they want and title it "Caption Me" and voters suggest a caption for the art in the comments sections in the Gallery and on the persons page.

This idea is intended to increase social engagement around the art and to make voting even more fun and social.

*hugs*
Warm hugs from Kris & Aquarius

lisa

Postby lisa » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:46 pm

Aquarius wrote:I would like to suggest a "Caption Me" art comp, where artists make whatever they want and title it "Caption Me" and voters suggest a caption for the art in the comments sections in the Gallery and on the persons page.

This idea is intended to increase social engagement around the art and to make voting even more fun and social.

*hugs*

i really, really, really like this idea!!!

Aquarius

Postby Aquarius » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:31 pm

lisa wrote:
Aquarius wrote:I would like to suggest a "Caption Me" art comp, where artists make whatever they want and title it "Caption Me" and voters suggest a caption for the art in the comments sections in the Gallery and on the persons page.

*hugs*

i really, really, really like this idea!!!

Thank you :shock:
Warm hugs from Kris & Aquarius

KathyD

Postby KathyD » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:37 am

~Gratitude (grateful, thankful)

~February 17th is Random Acts Of Kindness Day. The day was first created in Denver, Colorado in 1995, and nine years later it spread to New Zealand in 2004. Random Acts of Kindness can include just about anything, including something as simple a taking a tray of muffins to work. The idea behind this holiday is to make the world a better place by spreading a little light around. Lift someone up with your words, compliment them on their appearance, all these things can help to really turn around someone who’s having a bad day.

~Near Miss Day commemorates March 23rd, 1989, when a large asteroid missed the Earth by a mere 500,000 miles – a very near miss indeed! What would you do if an asteroid was about to hit the Earth – how would you spend your last hours, and would you even want to know? :lol:

~Have we ever had a blue or yellow competition?

~ April 7th World Health Day is celebrated every year on the founding day of the World Health Organization. Established in 1950 this event has a theme each year to draw attention to a current world health issue. The WHO puts together regional, local, and international events on this day related to that theme. Local governments also tend to jump on this band-wagon, after all, global health means everyone! On this day you may take some extra steps to care for your health, consider getting a gym membership (and going!), starting a diet, or starting multi-vitamins!

I think of things all the time but forget to write them down. Just thought I'd throw out a few and maybe one will be a good fit.

Return to “Competition suggestions”