So many suggestions

Moderators: Ane M, joli3ma3, lisa, tx2001aggie, Jeanetta

Kiflayn

So many suggestions

Postby Kiflayn » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:57 pm

a) Please enable upsizing of free Pets.. so many size 4 Haggis aaahhhh
b) Please reduce the card to SM ratio.. there are only 372 pets which translates to 186 Silver Moles and 186 edible Foods the ratio just aint right. We should be able to buy enough food to feed all the 372 with our cards.
c) No Direct link to gifts received :(
d) Have a Mall search feature.. There are so many images and so many shops. There should be something which would say where could you buy a particular item from instead of scouring all the malls :(
e) Do we need the "Meet your Greeter Button" and the "BB Code" Totally useless if you ask me
f) Having a slides comment section on the main page renders the main comments section useless.
g) The Pages are too heavy to load.
h) After a slide has been saved the page should automatically change to the homepage
i) The Inventory is not real time. We have to refresh our pages once we make any type of transactions be it gifting or buying
j) The hover text is irritating.. do we need it at all times.. it gets in the way of the clicks
k) There should be a common buy now button for edible foods.. and common swap all cards button
l) Why do we need so many pop ups.. and its irritating gifting one thing at a time. why cant we gift 10 different things as once
m) Instead of a drop down why cant we have text boxes to punch in the numbers of items we can gift
n) Again Instead of a drop down why cant we have text boxes to punch in the numbers for the amount of cards we wanna swap for Silver moles.
o) The slides/images when posted in the friends page should be compressed they take forever to change... :(
p) There is no like button on the Friends Gallery Page
q) Please shift the next and previous to the left and right respectively of the slides on the Friends Gallery Page
r) All the other clicks opens a new window, but the forum opens in the same window and so does the links in the forum. Please rectify these two so that we do not have to right click
s) No direct link to feedings
t) No place to see what we have fed others.
u) The colours of the solids do not match those of the cutouts or shapes

(Will Continually add to my list)
Last edited by Kiflayn on Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:20 am, edited 6 times in total.

vey_chyryn

Re: So many suggestions

Postby vey_chyryn » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:56 pm

Kiflayn wrote:a) Please enable upsizing of free Pets.. so many size 4 Haggis aaahhhh

Personally I am not a fan of "sizing up" pets, as it defeats the purpose of being able to buy the larger sizes in a shop. Also the amount of time to decide how many size 4s to each size would be extensive, as with pets costing different amounts not all full size pets would take the same number of size 4s to reach. If you have too many free pets of a small size, trade or gift them to people who want them. It's a much simpler solution.

b) Please reduce the card to SM ratio.. there are only 372 pets which translates to 186 Silver Moles and 186 edible Foods the ratio just aint right. We should be able to buy enough food to feed all the 372 with our cards.

There are more than 372 pets. Including NPCs I have nearly 600 pets I try to visit daily. I can help you up your number, but it takes time to figure out who you are missing.

Also, making the ratio 1-1 undermines part of the game. Some things must be a little more difficult to achieve to give some users more to trade to get ahead. Plus with our community being so generous and kind most users can get what they want with help.

c) No Direct link to gifts received :(

I agree with this one. Being able to get to wish list from any page is a step up, and having a direct link is planned, David has said so in the past. But there are other items which are much more important to get coded first.

d) Have a Mall search feature.. There are so many images and so many shops. There should be something which would say where could you buy a particular item from instead of scouring all the malls :(

Each of the shops has a search option, so at most you search three shops to find what you need. There's no need to go page by page. Having a function which tells you what shop to look in is redundant and excessive to the forementioned search already employed. Plus all items tell you when they leave the department store and which shop they move to. It isn't (for me at least) difficult to remember. But if there are enough users who have an issue with this I have a solution which can be employed.

e) Do we need the "Meet your Greeter Button" and the "BB Code" Totally useless if you ask me

A lot of users (including myself) use BB Code regularly - in welcome section, scene descriptions, and gift messages. They are a nice added touch.

Meet your Greeter is a section which has a lot of potential for the future and still a use now. For now it lets other users see how many and which pets you own. In the future this section will be used to provide more interaction between a user's pet and your other active pets. This too has been said by David, requires a lot of programming to achieve, and again there are other items more important to have finished first.

f) Having a slides comment section on the main page renders the main comments section useless.

No it doesn't. I wish more people would use the main comments section. It keeps the comments visible instead of changing with each new slide, which users have complained about. It serves a very reasonable purpose.

g) The Pages are too heavy to load.

This has to do with your internet. Most of the time everything loads fine for me, but when my brother is playing a MMO and my roommate is watching netflix, more bandwith is being used and my pages start to bog a bit. This is even more the case when I am working on shaking paws and don't change windows or tabs, the amount of memory being used on my laptop increases making the browser run slower.

h) After a slide has been saved the page should automatically change to the homepage

I disagree again. When I am working on a liece and need to save it to go buy a few things I would NOT want it to be placed as my homepage. I've also had art entries I have not wanted as my homepage. There is also yhe option to make your new piece the homepage when you save it, so there is no reason to automatically do it when they option is already given.

i) The Inventory is not real time. We have to refresh our pages once we make any type of transactions be it gifting or buying

When buying the inventory is automatically updated on the buying page. The amount you own listed above the buy button updates with each purchase.

I do agree it should update with gifting, but in my opinion ONLY once we are able to gift multiple items at once. Being able to gift only one item quantity at a time as it is now, I would greatly despise having my page reload after each gift sent. If it can be updated as with buying and would not reload the whole page that would be very welcome.

Again it requires a lot of programming and testing and there are other items more important.

David is the person doing 90% of the programming, Alias Al can only help 10% of the time. And it can take hours to find and fix a bug in the programming. To design even the edible food shop (from scratch) takes days of programming non-stop.

There are a lot of really good suggestions out there and ideas with the basics in place for the game to grow, but a lot of patience is needed when there is only one person doing all the work.

Echaen

Postby Echaen » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:09 am

"When buying the inventory is automatically updated on the buying page. The amount you own listed above the buy button updates with each purchase."

Although our Inventories usually update when purchasing new items, the amount of currency we have left to continue making purchases never updates unless we refresh or navigate away from the page and then back to it.

vey_chyryn

Postby vey_chyryn » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:30 am

Echaen wrote:Although our Inventories usually update when purchasing new items, the amount of currency we have left to continue making purchases never updates unless we refresh or navigate away from the page and then back to it.

This is true, it only updates for the specific item purchased, not all items using the same currency. I do believe this is an item which should be fixed.

Kiflayn

Postby Kiflayn » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:51 am

and updated..

vey_chyryn

Postby vey_chyryn » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:09 am

Kiflayn wrote:and updated..

j) The hover text is irritating.. do we need it at all times.. it gets in the way of the clicks

There are plans to give users an option to disable hoveered text. I do agree it really gets in the way sometimes, though it is handy for new players. So I like the planned idea to be able to switch it off instead of getting rid of it completely.

k) There should be a common buy now button for edible foods.. and common swap all cards button

I agree with the foods, with cards I don't care as much for this option. But I would not be opposed to be given a choice in both cases to buy/swap individually or in groups.

l) Why do we need so many pop ups.. and its irritating gifting one thing at a time. why cant we gift 10 different things as once

I agree with being able to gift multiple items, I addressed this briefly in my first post. David has not said if there are plans to change this feature or not, we shall have to wait and see once other items are handled what he decides.

m) Instead of a drop down why cant we have text boxes to punch in the numbers of items we can gift
n) Again Instead of a drop down why cant we have text boxes to punch in the numbers for the amount of cards we wanna swap for Silver moles.

I would love to have text boxes for both of these. And I know this issue has been brought up before. If I remember right, David said he would look into it to see what the coding requirements would be, as the way these function is a little different than buying items.

Sadly while I agree with several of your suggestions, it does come back down to the game not yet being able to pay for more programmers. And most programmers will not volunteer time in hope for future profit simply because programming does take a lot of work.

Kiflayn

Postby Kiflayn » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:03 am

and updated

vey_chyryn

Postby vey_chyryn » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:13 am

Kiflayn wrote:and updated

o) The slides/images when posted in the friends page should be compressed they take forever to change... :(

If the images are compressed it will lower the quality of the images. I do agree sometimes they take too long to load, but for me that is mostly when my bandwidth is low. I do think in the future users should have an option as to how they wish to view art. But that is all to be decided. For the most part the art galleries work as they are now.

p) There is no like button on the Friends Gallery Page

True. However, a like button on this page would serve no real purpose unless it can be linked to the art's own page. Every piece in this gallery does have a link button you can click to vote and leave comments. Building that into the Friends Gallery and having it connect with the normal piece is a decent amount of programming. (I do believe all art comment sections should be connected, but again, programming.)

q) Please shift the next and previous to the left and right respectively of the slides on the Friends Gallery Page

I don't understand what you mean here. The buttons are in the same space on all pet pages and in both galleries. I think where they are now makes perfect sense. Could you elaborate?

r) All the other clicks opens a new window, but the forum opens in the same window and so does the links in the forum. Please rectify these two so that we do not have to right click

I agree the forum link within the game should open a new tab. However, I do not think the forum should do the same. It is easy and rather effortless to hold 'control' and left click to open a new tab. (This solution can also be used until the forum link opens a new tab automatically.)

s) No direct link to feedings

I believe this is something which will be addressed when the drop downs/game simplification happens.

t) No place to see what we have fed others.

I believe we used to be able to see what we fed other in the feeding tab. I could be wrong. If this had been the case I don't know why it was changed. But it is also something I'm not certain to the importance of, since when we go to a pet page it tells us if we have fed or not...unless, as with the current event, one wants to keep track of who they fed a candy heart to so they feed to different people the following day. Outside of that I don't know what use this would be, but would be happy to hear your thoughts.

u) The colours of the solids do not match those of the cutouts or shapes

I believe this is being worked on. It has been raised before.

Kiflayn

Postby Kiflayn » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:31 am

vey_chyryn wrote:
Kiflayn wrote:and updated

If the images are compressed it will lower the quality of the images. I do agree sometimes they take too long to load, but for me that is mostly when my bandwidth is low. I do think in the future users should have an option as to how they wish to view art. But that is all to be decided. For the most part the art galleries work as they are now.

Well the suggestion is being made so that they consider people who stay in countries where the bandwidth is low

vey_chyryn wrote:
Kiflayn wrote:p) There is no like button on the Friends Gallery Page

True. However, a like button on this page would serve no real purpose unless it can be linked to the art's own page. Every piece in this gallery does have a link button you can click to vote and leave comments. Building that into the Friends Gallery and having it connect with the normal piece is a decent amount of programming. (I do believe all art comment sections should be connected, but again, programming.)

Yes my suggestion is to link this like button to the owners page. All like buttons should be linked. I cannot see an art and then go back to the art page and then like it there. who has so much time. All these suggestions are so that we can improve our game play and make it more user friendly. Yes I understand that there is a lot of coding involved but wasnt PnF meant for the same very purpose that we could say something and that could be tried and implemented. since when are we afraid to implement something because a lot of coding is involved?

vey_chyryn wrote:
Kiflayn wrote:q) Please shift the next and previous to the left and right respectively of the slides on the Friends Gallery Page

I don't understand what you mean here. The buttons are in the same space on all pet pages and in both galleries. I think where they are now makes perfect sense. Could you elaborate?

I believe everyone has the same screen resolution even if the screen sizes are different. Right? OK! so to scroll through the friends art gallery I have to scroll down a little and then click on next/previous why not have the next/previous button below the "Open the linkable new tab showing this picture"

vey_chyryn wrote:
Kiflayn wrote:r) All the other clicks opens a new window, but the forum opens in the same window and so does the links in the forum. Please rectify these two so that we do not have to right click

I agree the forum link within the game should open a new tab. However, I do not think the forum should do the same. It is easy and rather effortless to hold 'control' and left click to open a new tab. (This solution can also be used until the forum link opens a new tab automatically.)

Well I would love to be at both places. not everyone is so tech savvy!

vey_chyryn wrote:
Kiflayn wrote:s) No direct link to feedings

I believe this is something which will be addressed when the drop downs/game simplification happens.

hope this happens

vey_chyryn wrote:
Kiflayn wrote:t) No place to see what we have fed others.

I believe we used to be able to see what we fed other in the feeding tab. I could be wrong. If this had been the case I don't know why it was changed. But it is also something I'm not certain to the importance of, since when we go to a pet page it tells us if we have fed or not...unless, as with the current event, one wants to keep track of who they fed a candy heart to so they feed to different people the following day. Outside of that I don't know what use this would be, but would be happy to hear your thoughts.

hope this happens. I want this so that I can post proofs when I hold feeding games. There are times when we have a game and we forget to take a copy, then I would like to go back within my own App and find what and when did I do.

vey_chyryn wrote:
Kiflayn wrote:u) The colours of the solids do not match those of the cutouts or shapes

I believe this is being worked on. It has been raised before.

hope this happens

vey_chyryn

Postby vey_chyryn » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:07 am

Kiflayn wrote:Well the suggestion is being made so that they consider people who stay in countries where the bandwidth is low

I'm certain it is taken into consideration. It never hurts to have something brought up more than once. However, majority of the functions of the game will not be able to be programmed in a way that works best for those with low bandwidth. The reason being it will limit the amount of content and game designs which can be used. It is an unfortunate truth with any online game, there will always be parts of it that load slower (sometimes painstakingly slow) for certain countries or areas with slower internet/lower bandwidth.

I do believe if some changes to how users can view art are made then it will help, but how much I cannot say.

Yes my suggestion is to link this like button to the owners page. All like buttons should be linked. I cannot see an art and then go back to the art page and then like it there. who has so much time. All these suggestions are so that we can improve our game play and make it more user friendly. Yes I understand that there is a lot of coding involved but wasnt PnF meant for the same very purpose that we could say something and that could be tried and implemented. since when are we afraid to implement something because a lot of coding is involved?

Of course you can say and suggest anything. That is one of the great things about this game. It's not that there is any fear or concern over the amount of programming, it is that programming takes time and there is only one person doing majority of the programming for the game. So even if this is already planned for the future, there are other items which are more important and must be completed first.

I believe everyone has the same screen resolution even if the screen sizes are different. Right? OK! so to scroll through the friends art gallery I have to scroll down a little and then click on next/previous why not have the next/previous button below the "Open the linkable new tab showing this picture"

Actually, no. Screen resolution differs per computer, most computers give you different screen resolution options. And the same resolution will look differently on different size screens. This also could be the browser's zoom percentage, or a combination of both. For me, I never have to scroll to flip through any gallery, everything fits nicely onto my screen. I have heard from other players that do have to scroll. If I play through Puffin on my phone, then I always have to scroll and constantly zoom in and out depending on what I am doing, so I can understand the annoyance if you have to do this when playing on your computer. David will have to clarify, but from my understanding this is something which will appear differently due to those mentioned above.

Well I would love to be at both places. not everyone is so tech savvy!

I have the forum saved as a bookmark on my browser, so I just open it as a new tab whenever I want to enter. I do agree the link in-game would be best to open a new tab. Where the forum template was not created by David or Alias Al I'm not sure if they have the ability to change anything here - and if it is possible it would most likely be included into the user settings so each member could decide how they would like to open links in the forum.

hope this happens. I want this so that I can post proofs when I hold feeding games. There are times when we have a game and we forget to take a copy, then I would like to go back within my own App and find what and when did I do.

This is a good point, one I had not thought about. Hopefully it is something David will be able to include in the future.

Return to “Suggestions”