shaking paws list

Moderators: Ane M, joli3ma3, lisa, tx2001aggie, Jeanetta

javabunny

shaking paws list

Postby javabunny » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:17 am

Ok so I have thought something was amiss for awhile but tonight I truly think something is up.

I use the link off the inventory page to go and reciprocate paw shakes. I always select the 1 week parameter, max of 200, and do not allow repeats or those with whom i have already shaken paws with that day.

The resultant list I get is never beyond paw shakers from 3days.
Yesterday I had over 90 people on that list and yet today using the same parameter and just starting to shake there were only 80 some.

I think it is not actually giving a weeks worth of paw shakers/visitors but only maxing out at 3 days regardless of my selecting 1 week as the time parameter :(

Echaen

Re: shaking paws list

Postby Echaen » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:38 am

javabunny wrote:Ok so I have thought something was amiss for awhile but tonight I truly think something is up.

I use the link off the inventory page to go and reciprocate paw shakes. I always select the 1 week parameter, max of 200, and do not allow repeats or those with whom i have already shaken paws with that day.

The resultant list I get is never beyond paw shakers from 3days.
Yesterday I had over 90 people on that list and yet today using the same parameter and just starting to shake there were only 80 some.

I think it is not actually giving a weeks worth of paw shakers/visitors but only maxing out at 3 days regardless of my selecting 1 week as the time parameter :(

You need to select maximum of 1000 Jen, or else it only gives the latest 200 and there's over 500 users ((((hugs))))

David J Weston

Postby David J Weston » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:44 am

I think if you select '1000' you will always be ok. I think what the software does for '200' is to select paw shakers from the last 200 paw shakers who meet your criteria (have shaken paws with today, or not, etc.) which means you can get any number UP TO 200.

I have had similar reports and when we get to simplification, I shall thoroughly review the relevant software. At the very least it isn't CLEAR, even if it does what it should do (which I have not yet determined).

Unfortunately the need to create our own vote and comment buttons has once again delayed simplifying the rest of the site, since many users cannot use comment at the moment (they can all now use 'vote' as I have replaced the FB 'like' button with it). Comment software is proceeding nicely, but naturally I can only handle one thing at once ---

javabunny

Postby javabunny » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:07 pm

but I never get more than 100 even with 200 chosen and I know not everyone has come to shake paws with me :/
sooooo confuzzled, shall try increasing the number today to see if it makes a difference but I dont see why it should when in three days worth it doesnt even pick out 100 shakers

javabunny

Postby javabunny » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:45 pm

now I think I figured out the coding haha

you pick your time parameter in my case one week
then your max sample size (i was picking 200)

and then it searches thru the time parameter to the maax sample size to pluck out and place on your list those who match your other parameters IE no duplicates and shaken today

but expanding the max sample size within the same time parameter it will pick up more people

completely the opposite to how I expected it to function LOL (search over the course of the week and pick up to a max of 200 those who meet the other parameters :P )

David J Weston

Postby David J Weston » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:16 pm

That sounds right. Basically it either needs explaining better on the page, or the software needs a little rewrite.

Return to “Other bugs”