Scalability

Moderators: Ane M, joli3ma3, lisa, tx2001aggie, Jeanetta

Aquarius

Re: Scalability

Postby Aquarius » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:17 am

vey_chyryn wrote:
Aquarius wrote:
David Joshua Knight wrote:Are you able to provide a screenshot of an affected page as it appears on your iPhone?

Thanks very much Lisa. I figured you guys would be totally unaware of this.

I knew you were going to ask that and I haven't got a clue how to do it :oops: - what I could try and do is take a photo of two of the screens with my digital camera showing the two different page widths? Will have a go in the morning and see if I can do it without too much glare in the photos :roll:

Don't feel bad, Kris! I'm decently tech savvy and I still don't know how to do that from my phone. (I have a LG with Android.)

I know on my phone I've not yet had this issue, if I can get my roommate talked into trying the app she might be able to add input, as she has an iphone. ;)

Thanks hun - I'm sure my phone is capable of much more than I could ever do with it :oops:
Warm hugs from Kris & Aquarius

Aquarius

Postby Aquarius » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:20 am

David Joshua Knight wrote:Thank you for the images. Without having an iPhone all I can say is when the stand alone site is working for all users, there will be no Facebook ads and there will be lots of room on the right for the images to appear in. Other than that, the iPhone just isn't putting things where the html says it should, which is weird and hard to solve.

Amanda doesn't have this problem with the later iphone and it does not appear to be a browser issue because we're both using the free version of Puffin :roll:

David J Weston

Postby David J Weston » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:14 am

I've heard that the iPhone 4 is smaller than the iPhone 6, though I've never seen either. So as time goes by the number of affected users should fall, though that isn't much help to those who have the iPhone 4 --- I will try to do something radical when the rest of the game is working well enough that I can try to serve other devices. The game was designed to work on PCs and it only works on phones and tablets at this time because we got lucky with Puffin.

Aquarius

Postby Aquarius » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:46 am

David Joshua Knight wrote:I've heard that the iPhone 4 is smaller than the iPhone 6, though I've never seen either. So as time goes by the number of affected users should fall, though that isn't much help to those who have the iPhone 4 --- I will try to do something radical when the rest of the game is working well enough that I can try to serve other devices. The game was designed to work on PCs and it only works on phones and tablets at this time because we got lucky with Puffin.

LOL, that's very humble of you David (its like me telling my impressed dinner guests that the pastry I cooked with was the frozen stuff not homemade). I actually thought you'd deliberately designed in the scalability! The iphone 4 is about 2/3 of the size of the later versions, hence me going blind :shock:

Return to “The Vault”