Who is your *real life* fur baby?

Moderators: Ane M, joli3ma3, lisa, tx2001aggie, Jeanetta

tx2001aggie

Who is your *real life* fur baby?

Postby tx2001aggie » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:08 pm

Right now I only have one fur baby keeping me company at home. Her name is Avalon and she was a kitten when I rescued her outside my apartment at college (Texas A&M Univ. WHOOP!!) 13 years ago. She is now 14 and I pray she is with me for many more years to come!

Up until very recently I was the proud Momma of a Straight Egyptian Arabian named Shadow for 8 years. I bought him when he was 2 1/2 and boy did we make some memories together! Unfortunately due to massive time constraints (read: TODDLER), Shadow was not getting the time he deserved and it broke my heart. I am so blessed to know the owner of a riding school a few hours away, who is loving him for me and he is getting amazing amounts of attention from students who love him too. I still get to visit him when I am in town, and for that I am so thankful! Someday I hope to own another horse, as I miss riding desperately!

So there you have it.... for now at least. Who is your real life fur baby? I'd love to hear about them and see some pics!!

~Stephanie (tx2001aggie) & Freddie Feelgood~

http://www.pets-n-friends.com/community.php?id=8218246487027035386

PinkyPinkerton

Re: Who is your *real life* fur baby?

Postby PinkyPinkerton » Fri May 29, 2015 5:36 pm

Image This is my Kiddy Widdy. Yes thats his name. Hes my American Kitty, Since we adopted him last 4th of July

We have 6 cats, but today I will only post 2 because I am running out of time.
Been so long since I used a forum, I forgot how to upload pictures to one!

Image this is Max. He is my son. Even tho
We adopted him last fall, We have been through a lot together and he was on the verge of death. He knows who saved his life and he is as faithful as a dog to me. But I think that goes both ways.

Your Avalon Is a beautiful cat!
Thank you for sharing!

tx2001aggie

Postby tx2001aggie » Fri May 29, 2015 5:46 pm

PinkyPinkerton wrote:This is my Kiddy Widdy. Yes thats his name. Hes my American Kitty, Since we adopted him last 4th of July
We have 6 cats, but today I will only post 2 because I am running out of time.
Been so long since I used a forum, I forgot how to upload pictures to one!
This is Max. He is my son. Even tho
We adopted him last fall, We have been through a lot together and he was on the verge of death. He knows who saved his life and he is as faithful as a dog to me. But I think that goes both ways.

Your Avalon Is a beautiful cat!
Thank you for sharing!

Oh, love them! Thanks for sharing the pics, Kiddy Widdy & Max look like they are both lovers! Speaking of, time for a little snuggle time with my Ava since the kiddo is down for a brief nap! :lol: :lol:

An C Puck

Postby An C Puck » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:03 am

My foster cats left for their new home yesterday. Good luck, boys. I'm going to miss you.

Link to my little P'n'F corner of the universe

For there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. Hamlet, Act II, Scene 2 by W. Shakespeare

Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter. G'Kar, Babylon5

An C Puck

Postby An C Puck » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:07 am

The tabby ones are my own, called Puck and Loki. And if I ask nicely, I am allowed to use my own bed.

Link to my little P'n'F corner of the universe

For there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. Hamlet, Act II, Scene 2 by W. Shakespeare

Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter. G'Kar, Babylon5

tx2001aggie

Postby tx2001aggie » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:52 pm

An Puck wrote:The tabby ones are my own, called Puck and Loki. And if I ask nicely, I am allowed to use my own bed.

Oh! Love it! Mine used to hog the bed too.... Cats know they own the place...lol thanks for sharing An!

tx2001aggie

Postby tx2001aggie » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:54 pm

I feel as though I need to amend the first post since Avalon is no longer with me... :cry: but I can't do it!!
Right now I have NO fur babies... (still makes me cry) but I hope I can sway the hubby soon. He's got his reasons, but I sure do miss the fuzzy company. More than I ever thought I would! :( :( :(

Tess Morgan

Postby Tess Morgan » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:50 am

For the life of me I can't get this picture to right itself! I'd sideways! Oh well!

This is my baby Agatha. I rescued her from the Humane Society where I live last January. She's 8 1/2, but I call her my kitten :) She is the sweetest little girl I've ever known. She doesn't do the negative cat stuff, lol! She's doesn't scratch people or furniture, she doesn't bite, hiss, growl, or ever really get angry! She'll get up and walk away for a minute if she doesn't like something, but comes right back. I joke she's a pacifist! :lol: She loves pets and belly rubs, that's actually how I knew she was mine. I was on the Humane Society's website and I came across her page. Her picture wasn't flattering, but they had a video of her being petted and she was just so into it! Purring and moving with volunteers hand, looking so happy! That night I went in and filled out the paperwork to look at cats (they are VERY thorough!) I asked which condo she was in and met her and fell in love. She was in a little cubby, and I reached in and let her sniff me and then I started to pet her head and the purring started and she came out, it was love.

She's my little Barnacle Cat, she has to sit next to me on the couch, the bed, follow me to the bathroom (nothing is sacred when you have a pet) She really has become my best friend and adopting on older cat is the best thing I've ever done. She's calm and just the most loving cat I've ever met. She doesn't like laps, but she will sit next to me for pets and ear rubs, sitting as close as possible. I can't remember life "pre-Agatha"

Oh, her name was Teela but neither of us liked it so I changed it to Agatha after Agatha Christie and she took to it right away :D

Sorry for the long post, but I love my girl kitty!

Tess Morgan

Postby Tess Morgan » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:51 am

tx2001aggie wrote:I feel as though I need to amend the first post since Avalon is no longer with me... :cry: but I can't do it!!
Right now I have NO fur babies... (still makes me cry) but I hope I can sway the hubby soon. He's got his reasons, but I sure do miss the fuzzy company. More than I ever thought I would! :( :( :(

I'm so sorry for your loss! I hope you get a fur baby in your life soon <3

tx2001aggie

Postby tx2001aggie » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:30 pm

wibblewobblewho wrote:Image

For the life of me I can't get this picture to right itself! I'd sideways! Oh well!

This is my baby Agatha. I rescued her from the Humane Society where I live last January. She's 8 1/2, but I call her my kitten :) She is the sweetest little girl I've ever known. She doesn't do the negative cat stuff, lol! She's doesn't scratch people or furniture, she doesn't bite, hiss, growl, or ever really get angry! She'll get up and walk away for a minute if she doesn't like something, but comes right back. I joke she's a pacifist! :lol: She loves pets and belly rubs, that's actually how I knew she was mine. I was on the Humane Society's website and I came across her page. Her picture wasn't flattering, but they had a video of her being petted and she was just so into it! Purring and moving with volunteers hand, looking so happy! That night I went in and filled out the paperwork to look at cats (they are VERY thorough!) I asked which condo she was in and met her and fell in love. She was in a little cubby, and I reached in and let her sniff me and then I started to pet her head and the purring started and she came out, it was love.

She's my little Barnacle Cat, she has to sit next to me on the couch, the bed, follow me to the bathroom (nothing is sacred when you have a pet) She really has become my best friend and adopting on older cat is the best thing I've ever done. She's calm and just the most loving cat I've ever met. She doesn't like laps, but she will sit next to me for pets and ear rubs, sitting as close as possible. I can't remember life "pre-Agatha"

Oh, her name was Teela but neither of us liked it so I changed it to Agatha after Agatha Christie and she took to it right away :D

Sorry for the long post, but I love my girl kitty!

Oh! Agatha looks like an amazing snuggle bug~~ give her snuggles for me!

And thanks for posting, it's been eons since I'd been in this thread~~ need to update AGAIN! I am the proud momma of two siamese cats adopted in May 2017. I will eventually post their pics and write their LooooooooooNG story. Their names are Sheldon & Penny (after Big Bang Theory characters).

Return to “The real-life pets board”