Dee's Doggies

Moderators: Ane M, joli3ma3, lisa, tx2001aggie, Jeanetta

DipsyDee3

Dee's Doggies

Postby DipsyDee3 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:48 am

At the moment we have two dogs. They are Zora and Barkey. Zora is a shih-tzu and Barkey is maltese=tzu.
We have always loved dogs and Gizmo was the love of my life. When gizmo began to get too old for the little kids to play with him, we got the two new dogs. Gizmo is gone now, but not forgotten. he lived 16 years but lives on in PnF

ZORA Image

BARKEY Image

GIZMO (gone but never forgotten) Image
as usual, my link is in my siggies
Image Image

cpjames

Re: Dee's Doggies

Postby cpjames » Sun May 24, 2015 1:29 am

Gizmo looks so loving.... I understand the huge hole left by his passing since we lost Duncan (our sheltie) a few years ago after 16 loving years. Now we have Maya (a rescued Border Collie mix) who has become a true member of our family :)

javabunny

Postby javabunny » Mon May 25, 2015 11:17 pm

awwwwww so precious

DipsyDee3

Postby DipsyDee3 » Mon May 25, 2015 11:50 pm

he was a gentle and loving soul. he never complained or demanded. he was loving and so quiet. he was nothing like the dogs we have now. i find them hyper and demanding of attention. Gizmo loved to come up to where you were sitting and place his belly against your foot in expectation of a belly rub, especially if he saw you with your legs crossed, a foot dangling meant "self serve belly rubs" and he scared more than one guest who thought him lifting a leg against their foot meant he was going to pee, but he was just getting into position for a good foot rub. ;) He left a hole in my heart so i gave him a hole in my yard. we decorated it lovingly with precious things. It still makes me sad to not be able to recapture his younger years once more...
as usual, my link is in my siggies
Image Image

plantgurl

Postby plantgurl » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:22 am

You wrote a lovely tribute to Gizmo. I love your description of his self-serve belly rubs!
I think we all have a 'one true pet'. Gizmo was your one true pet. You were so lucky to have found each other!

Return to “The real-life pets board”