Forum Basics

Moderators: Ane M, joli3ma3, lisa, tx2001aggie, Jeanetta

tx2001aggie

Forum Basics

Postby tx2001aggie » Fri May 29, 2015 10:31 pm

Hello everyone! One of our forum members (vey_chyryn) made a great post in a chat thread laying out some of the basic info of how to navigate the forum. I'm going to post that list here, and make it a sticky (or try to!) and then we can add to it as needed and if you have Qs please feel free to ask!

Welcome! You can find past posts in several ways.

1. The icon to the left of a thread title. If the icon has an asterisk * with it then you have posted in that thread before.

2. While within a thread you can go to the little icon beside "post reply" that looks like a wrench. Click on it and choose either the option to "Subscribe topic" or to "Bookmark topic", this will send you notifications when someone has posted in a thread you are following.

3. Go to the User Control Panel, by clicking on your username on any post you have made or go to the top right of the screen where your username shows beside "Notifications" and "Private messages". Click on the "User control panel" option. Once here, click the tab for "Board preferences" then go to the option for "Edit notification options". Here you can choose which notifications you get in the forum or by email.

4. View your profile by clicking your username on any post you have made or go to the top right of the screen where your username shows beside "Notifications" and "Private messages". Click on the "profile" option. While viewing your profile, there is a section to the right called "User statistics", which looks like this:

USER STATISTICS
Last active:Thu May 28, 2015 12:50 pm
Total posts:31 | Search user’s posts
(5.37% of all posts / 7.75 posts per day)
Most active forum:The Lounge
(16 Posts / 51.61% of your posts)
Most active topic:The Mad Hatters Tea Association
(16 Posts / 51.61% of your posts)

The sections highlighted in blue are links you can follow. If you click "Search user's posts" it will bring you to a history of all the posts you have made on the forum, starting with the most recent. You can click the title of any thread you have made a post in to travel to that thread. Following the link for most active forum will bring you to that forum, and for most active topic will bring you to that topic.
~Stephanie (tx2001aggie) & Freddie Feelgood~

http://www.pets-n-friends.com/community.php?id=8218246487027035386

champranger

Re: Forum Basics

Postby champranger » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:29 pm

tx2001aggie wrote:
Wontok wrote:I have my picture in my signature, but I would like my picture to be the hotlink to my Pet Family Page (so you click on the picture rather than a link). What do I need to do please and thank you? I'm okay converting script (ie putting my own URL's into it), I just need the format/sequence :idea:

Let me see if I can help with this for future users. Here is the order of the coding for my "click here" siggy" (in a generic form):

[url=https://your family page here][img]image coding from tinypic/etc.jpg[img][/url]

So what you can do is:
1. PASTE your link into the edit siggy page, then add [url= at the beginning, no spaces! At the end of the web address add a ]
2. Go and upload a pic to tinypic (or your pic host website of choice) and copy the forum code provide. PASTE that [img] coding directly to the end of the web address AFTER the ]. NO SPACES!!
3.At the end of the coding without adding any spaces add [/url]

Please let me know if that was helpful, or if you have any other Qs
ImageImage

Return to “Computer Basics”