Signature help xx

Moderators: Ane M, joli3ma3, lisa, tx2001aggie, Jeanetta

tx2001aggie

Re: Signature help xx

Postby tx2001aggie » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:46 pm

champranger wrote:I quoted this to the sticky thread so more people can see it. :mrgreen:

Thanks, my kiddo required attention before I could get to that! xo
~Stephanie (tx2001aggie) & Freddie Feelgood~

http://www.pets-n-friends.com/community.php?id=8218246487027035386

lisa

Postby lisa » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:23 am

i have created a separate forum just for services and the first sub-forum set up is for signature services!!

here's the direct link where you can now set up shop!!

http://www.totallysocial.me/mspforum/viewforum.php?f=56

Wontok

Postby Wontok » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:56 am

champranger wrote:
tx2001aggie wrote:
Wontok wrote:I have my picture in my signature, but I would like my picture to be the hotlink to my Pet Family Page (so you click on the picture rather than a link). What do I need to do please and thank you? I'm okay converting script (ie putting my own URL's into it), I just need the format/sequence :idea:

Let me see if I can help with this for future users. Here is the order of the coding for my "click here" siggy" (in a generic form):

[url=https://your family page here][img]image coding from tinypic/etc.jpg[img][url]

So what you can do is:
1. PASTE your link into the edit siggy page, then add [url= at the beginning, no spaces! At the end of the web address add a ]
2. Go and upload a pic to tinypic (or your pic host website of choice) and copy the forum code provide. PASTE that [img] coding directly to the end of the web address AFTER the ]. NO SPACES!!
3.At the end of the coding without adding any spaces add final [url]

Please let me know if that was helpful, or if you have any other Qs

I quoted this to the sticky thread so more people can see it. :mrgreen:

This is awesome Champranger! Thank you SO MUCH for this! You might want to edit though, because the end [URL] should be[/url]
And if you're doing two, then you need to put the script for your link in front of each image's script :ugeek:
Kiriti & Kip think they have the most colourful avatar and siggie :lol:

Wontok

Postby Wontok » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:00 am

tx2001aggie wrote:
Wontok wrote:I have my picture in my signature, but I would like my picture to be the hotlink to my Pet Family Page (so you click on the picture rather than a link). What do I need to do please and thank you? I'm okay converting script (ie putting my own URL's into it), I just need the format/sequence :idea:

Let me see if I can help with this for future users. Here is the order of the coding for my "click here" siggy" (in a generic form):

[url=https://your family page here][img]image coding from tinypic/etc.jpg[img][url]

So what you can do is:
1. PASTE your link into the edit siggy page, then add [url= at the beginning, no spaces! At the end of the web address add a ]
2. Go and upload a pic to tinypic (or your pic host website of choice) and copy the forum code provide. PASTE that [img] coding directly to the end of the web address AFTER the ]. NO SPACES!!
3.At the end of the coding without adding any spaces add final [url]

Please let me know if that was helpful, or if you have any other Qs

This works, provided the end [URL] is[/url]
And if you want it on more than one image, then you need to put the script for your link in front of each image's script. Your middle bits will be [/url] [url=......

champranger

Postby champranger » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:09 am

Wontok wrote:This is awesome Champranger! Thank you SO MUCH for this! You might want to edit though, because the end [url]should be[/url]
And if you're doing two, then you need to put the script for your link in front of each image's script :ugeek:

Thanks! I didn't catch that. :D
ImageImage

champranger

Postby champranger » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:10 am

Now should be correct here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=72
ImageImage

Wontok

Postby Wontok » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:22 am

champranger wrote:
Wontok wrote:This is awesome Champranger! Thank you SO MUCH for this! You might want to edit though, because the end [url]should be[/url]

Thanks! I didn't catch that. :D

You're welcome :D

Wontok

Re: Copyright and picture search

Postby Wontok » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:55 am

David Joshua Knight wrote:We now have a page showing copyright details and providing a picture search facility to help you all make signatures :)

More about this here:

http://www.totallysocial.me/mspforum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=101

I'm not a legal eagle, but my take on this is that what users need to know is:

1. MSP owns all of the images in PnF, including what we might consider "our personal art"
2. MSP has the [only] right to use none, some or all of these images in their merchandising or for any (open market and not "game limited") commercial purposes
2. PnF users are welcome/encouraged to use PnF images in their art, as Avatars and Signature Images in the MSP Forum, and to promote PnF in their broader online communities
3. Anyone using these images outside of PnF or the MSP Forum (such as for a Facebook profile picture) must include an available/current PnF/MPS emblem (for want of a better word) or URL to acknowledge the owner of the image
4. PnF users (or anyone else) creating art for others (such as Forum Avatars and Signature Images) cannot ask for or receive any form of payment or gift for their endeavours other that PnF "in game" payments and gifts, currently limited to Golden Moles, Silver Moles and other PnF giftable items

Please feel free to correct or add to this, or PM me if you'd like me to change it. I'm also going to share it on the PnF Group, because most of us just want to know "what this means to me/how it might effect me" in 25 words or less (whoops, I've failed) 8-)

tx2001aggie

Postby tx2001aggie » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:19 pm

Oooh! Thanks ladies for proofing me!! xoxo
~Stephanie (tx2001aggie) & Freddie Feelgood~

http://www.pets-n-friends.com/community.php?id=8218246487027035386

Wontok

Postby Wontok » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:06 am

tx2001aggie wrote:Oooh! Thanks ladies for proofing me!! xoxo

Sorry Stephanie, I don't think I thanked your for all of your help with this? :oops:

Return to “Computer Basics”